Names Searched Right Now:
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jem View Post

Ladies:
    Eleni Tulip (this is my personal favourite for you!) (Zu, Indy and Nell?)
    Iris Clementine
    Olympia Snow
    Calypso Wren
    Cosima Lark
    Saskia Olive
    FYI, Olympia Snowe is a former United States Senator from Maine. It is a pretty combination.

Quote Originally Posted by pamjsg99 View Post
    I love your "twin girls" names, though, I think Esparanza Willow and Elowen Hazel may work better. Willow and Elowen have many of the same letters.
    I like the repetitive sounds of Esparanza Hazel & Elowen Willow! But it might be a bit much I suppose. @ Saracita00 gets it.
    I'm not pregnant or anything so this is all in theory, but my maternal grandmother had 4 sets of twins & they run strong on my paternal side as well. So I figure I better be prepared for anything! In reality Twin girls would pretty much be my worst nightmare.
    Last edited by truenature; July 29th, 2014 at 04:28 AM.
    Azula "Zu" Rosemary
    July 2012
    Indira "Indy" Coral
    January 2014

/Katie

Quote Originally Posted by pamjsg99 View Post
    FYI, Olympia Snowe is a former United States Senator from Maine. It is a pretty combination.
    Good to know!
    Azula "Zu" Rosemary
    July 2012
    Indira "Indy" Coral
    January 2014

/Katie

Quote Originally Posted by truenature View Post
    @ Saracita00, the more I see Ozias the more I like it! My favourite of your boy combos so far has to be Orson Rudyard Crane. So many Rs! Gorgeous! And Esperanza Hazel & Elowen Gaia are woooonderful. OK now I'm thinking this: What about TWIN GIRLS, Esparanza Hazel & Elowen Willow. Hahaha is that just over the line matchy and pathetic? Cause I kinda like it.
    Yay! I thought those might be your favorites. OK so about the twin names: I think both are nice individually, and if you're into matching twin names, they are far and away better than ANYTHING on the most-popular twin names list (the #1 set is Ella and Emma. Commence weeping with me). Personally, I'd be much more likely to name twins Azula and Indira, as opposed to Esperanza and Elowen. So, it's hard for me to totally love them as a set, though objectively I can recognize that they are pretty cool as far as matching twin names go.

If I were going to be really nitpicky, I'd have to agree that Elowen Willow goes too far as a repeating-sound combo, just because there's nothing new in Willow that Elowen doesn't already have. Esperanza Hazel repeats the Z and the short-E, but nothing else. To do a matching twin set with Esperanza Hazel, I think I'd pull the long-O from Elowen which is the most notable internal sound. That is -- the O of Elowen corresponds to the Z of Esperanza, see what I mean? I'd suggest Elowen Magnolia to complete the set.

If I get time, I'll play with some more combos and, of course, keep the ideas coming on suggestions for other names.

P.S. My mom gave my 5-year-old a stuffed animal cat yesterday. She named it Zarina, inspired by the Tinkerbell movie. Haha!
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

I have 3 kids, Dakota, Bodhi, Sian (pronounced Sian or Shahn), and 1 on the way that will be named Navy. We live in Australia so we wanted unique kinda boho names and Navy reminds us of the sea at night so we immediately fell in love with it.