Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Isabella and ???

There is a strong possibility that I am having twins, not sure of the genders yet. If they are girls, we are still loving the name Isabella but what about an equally strong name that goes with it. We like the name Esme and Rose, we think they go with Isabella???

All suggestions very welcome.

X

I think Isabella and Rose would fit together somewhat - both really well-known, but one more traditional and the other really popular for the past decade or so. They don't have a ton in common in and of themselves, but people would certainly be familiar with both.

Isabella and Esme don't seem like as good a fit to me - Isabella has been very popular for awhile, and Esme (at least in my experience) has not. Also they don't have much in common stylistically - Isabella is long and kind of frilly, while Esme is very brief and sounds less inherently feminine to me.

I don't know if you're aiming for the names to sound matchy, or complementary, or totally different from each other, but some suggestions:

Isabella and Lily (similar to Rose but more popular these days)
    Isabella and Chloe
    Isabella and Claire
    Isabella and Mariana or Ariana (sounds very Italian together but not too many repeating sounds)
    Isabella and Caroline

Thank you, I do love Lucia, Genevieve and Chloe.

X

Isabella is a popular, girly, traditional, regal, and historical name with many nickname possibilities. Something like Emma, Sophia, Olivia, or Madeline would fit perfectly. If you want a name that is a little more unusual: Matilda, Charlotte, Francesca, Victoria, Alexandra, Catherine, Grace, Amelia, Eleanor, Clara, Adelaide, Margaret.

I don't think Esme fits very well. It's too nicknamey and unusual in comparison and it lacks Isabella's timeless charm.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.