Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which pronounciation do you like more?

58. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Bo"

55 94.83%
  • "Beau" in Beautiful

3 5.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Beau Pronounciation

Yes I know that the correct pronunciation of Beau is "Bo" but honestly, would you prefer the actual pronunciation or pronounce it as Beau in "Beautiful"?

Note that this is for a character in the story so perhaps your opinions may differ

Last Name is Rowan. Would "bo rowan" or "beau rowan" sound nicer? I personally always loved to pronounce Beau like in "Beautiful" but am not very fond of its actual pronunciation c:

I prefer Beau pronounced Bo, because I have studied French (however basically), and I cannot see it any other way. I'm not a big fan of Beau pronounced the way Beau in beautiful is, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, or many other people (who would automatically say it as Bo), but I adore the French Beau (it reminds me of the word bow, or ribbons and gifts. I would see a little Beau as a gift.) If you were to say it the 'beautiful' way, I personally would spell it Bue / Bew to avoid confusion.

I think Bo Rowan sounds nicer, even though there is the rhyme of Bo and 'Ro', but I think it works. Good luck!
    Mary, Esther, Constance, Susanna, Flora, Odelia, Dossie, Yuki, Louisa, Bettina, Thomasin, Bessie, Camellia, Magnolia, Fay, Axelle, Paviana, Magdalena, Evangeline, Josephine, Una, Raphaela, Francesca, Gardenia, Theodora, Endellion, Rosemary, Daphne, Antonia, Pascale, Frances.

Amias, Moses, Francis, Wolfgang, Abraham, Bertram, Horatio, Lazarus, Peter, Arthur, Dossie, Pello, Ezekiel, Barnabas / Barnaby, Linus, Simon, Vero, Tadeo, Winston, Amadeus, Magnus, Obadiah, Rex, Edgar, Walter, Ignatius.

Down Under
    In all honesty, I think the beautiful sound sounds better than bow - but I still read it as bow. Sorry, but I think you should stick with the bow pronunciation.

Alice Astrid Ayla Diana Edith Eira Eva Flora Greta Ingrid
    Jane Juno Rowan Rose Sansa Suki Sunny Sylvie Wendy

c'est la vie
    Alaric Atlas Ciro Darcy Donovan Elliot Finch Jude Rio Robin
    Romilly Sindri Sylvan Theoden Thorin Vincent Vero Willem

Please Vote

I think the Bo pronunciation will cause less confusion and still sounds okay with the surname

Thank you for your opinions! Looks like everyone prefers 'bo' c:
    It's very surprising since all of my friends pronounces Beau like "Beautiful" and find "bo" weird.