Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which pronounciation do you like more?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Bo"

55 94.83%
  • "Beau" in Beautiful

3 5.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Beau Pronounciation

Yes I know that the correct pronunciation of Beau is "Bo" but honestly, would you prefer the actual pronunciation or pronounce it as Beau in "Beautiful"?

Note that this is for a character in the story so perhaps your opinions may differ

Last Name is Rowan. Would "bo rowan" or "beau rowan" sound nicer? I personally always loved to pronounce Beau like in "Beautiful" but am not very fond of its actual pronunciation c:

I prefer Beau pronounced Bo, because I have studied French (however basically), and I cannot see it any other way. I'm not a big fan of Beau pronounced the way Beau in beautiful is, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, or many other people (who would automatically say it as Bo), but I adore the French Beau (it reminds me of the word bow, or ribbons and gifts. I would see a little Beau as a gift.) If you were to say it the 'beautiful' way, I personally would spell it Bue / Bew to avoid confusion.

I think Bo Rowan sounds nicer, even though there is the rhyme of Bo and 'Ro', but I think it works. Good luck!
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712

In all honesty, I think the beautiful sound sounds better than bow - but I still read it as bow. Sorry, but I think you should stick with the bow pronunciation.

Poppy & Walter
    Astrid | Vincent | Juno | Elliot

Asteria | Eira | Elowen | Eva | Ingrid | Ottilie | Nova | Rose | Soleil | Sunniva
    Austen | Caspar | Christian | Donovan | Edmund | Julian | Leo | Orion | Ronan | Theo

I think the Bo pronunciation will cause less confusion and still sounds okay with the surname

Thank you for your opinions! Looks like everyone prefers 'bo' c:
    It's very surprising since all of my friends pronounces Beau like "Beautiful" and find "bo" weird.