Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Isabella or ???

Nothing wrong with Isabella, it's a lovely name
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Isabella is super lovely, if it's really "the" name for you then maybe you should just use it regardless of popularity, many people with a popular name love their names or don't mind them, and you can always give her an uncommon middle name or nickname!

Some other suggestions (sorry for repeats): Cecilia, Valentina, Isadora, Rosabella, Alessandra, Valeria, Celina, Emilia, Rosalia, Aviana, Magnolia, Elysia, Aurelia, Melora, Ariella, Julieta, Lucianna, Arianna, Violetta, Aracelia?

I think Estella has a very similar feel

I agree with Ren, Isabella really is lovely Perhaps Isabel/Isobel is a little less 'flowery' for your DH? Francesca, Anna, Julia, Zara, Eloise, Iris, Libby, Esther, Georgina, Lydia, Elise, Natasha, Rosa, Maria, Antonia, Madeleine & Flora also feel similar to me.

And as for popularity- screw it, if you really love the name. I work with kids and I've yet to encounter most of the popular names. "She will have three others in her class"? Pffft. That's not impossible, but bear in mind that for assertions like that to average out, it would require tens of thousands of extra Isabellas born in England & Wales every year. As it stands, there are only ~3,500

Last edited by lawsonhaley; July 17th, 2014 at 10:38 AM.
    Girls: Amelia, Ava, Emily, Sophia, Ella, Freya, Charlotte, Millie, Eva, Florence, Matilda, Eleanor, Martha, Violet, Clara, Betsy, Mabel, Ada, Lillian, Minnie, Tillie, Doris, Edna

Boys: Harry, Charlie, William, George, James, Alfie, Joshua, Archie, Henry, Daniel, Edward, Harrison, Adam, Matthew, Michael, Liam, Callum, Louis, Albert, Andrew, Ernest, Darcy

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~