Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on MN Rosemarine?

What do y'all think of "Rosemarine" as a middle name?

My husband and I came up with it in a roundabout way... I really want to honor my grandmother whose name was Lina (which I think is beautiful), but for a number of reasons I can't use that name. One of my fondest memories of/with her is getting sent out into the garden to pick herbs for whatever delicious meal she was cooking. Because of her Swiss-Italian heritage/accent, she always pronounced "Rosemary" as "Rosemarine". To this day, whenever think of the word rosemary, in my head I call it rosemarine. I think it would be a unique, special way to honor her memory, but I'm worried that it sounds like a made-up name and is just too different. Thoughts?
    Currently TTC Baby #1!
    Favorite Names:

Girls
    Corinne Emilia || Audrey Aspen || Sadie Mae

Boys
    Preston Reed || Dylan Cooper || Asher John

no go. made up. try hard.

While I tend to not care for non-traditional takes on names, I really like the sentiment behind Rosemarine. Since it's in the middle spot, I think it works just fine. It'll make a great story to tell your daughter when she's older.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I would usually say it's NMS (though it is still fine), but I think the lovely connotation with Rosemarine certainly makes it a lovely option. It does sound quite made up, but you know what it means to you. If it really bothers you though, maybe you could use Rosaline / Rosalina?
    Girls: Vesper Novella Pearl-Bunny Maude-Dossie Moe-Nanetta Yuki Florence-Hestia Fern-Noble Flora-Theodora Sun-Esmeralda Snow-Dagny Petra-Mary Max-Frances Henriette-Edwige Garnet-Agnes Happy-Esther Opal-Aphra Charles.

Boys: Roland Basil-Magnus Owl-Linus Robert-Frodi Lou-Obi Prosper-Enzo Noble-Cello Floyd-Dougal Morris-Hubert Walter-Joe Lazarus-Ernest Bede-Humphrey Moe-Amadeus Happy, Montgomery Murphy.

I love the meaningful reason for you wanting to use Rosemarine. I think the message behind the name makes it very lovely and special. I think it would be sweet to use this as a middle name to honor your grandmother.
    Last edited by jessicainwonderland; July 17th, 2014 at 03:08 AM.