Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on MN Rosemarine?

What do y'all think of "Rosemarine" as a middle name?

My husband and I came up with it in a roundabout way... I really want to honor my grandmother whose name was Lina (which I think is beautiful), but for a number of reasons I can't use that name. One of my fondest memories of/with her is getting sent out into the garden to pick herbs for whatever delicious meal she was cooking. Because of her Swiss-Italian heritage/accent, she always pronounced "Rosemary" as "Rosemarine". To this day, whenever think of the word rosemary, in my head I call it rosemarine. I think it would be a unique, special way to honor her memory, but I'm worried that it sounds like a made-up name and is just too different. Thoughts?
    Expecting Baby Audrey or Logan in June 2015!

no go. made up. try hard.

While I tend to not care for non-traditional takes on names, I really like the sentiment behind Rosemarine. Since it's in the middle spot, I think it works just fine. It'll make a great story to tell your daughter when she's older.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I would usually say it's NMS (though it is still fine), but I think the lovely connotation with Rosemarine certainly makes it a lovely option. It does sound quite made up, but you know what it means to you. If it really bothers you though, maybe you could use Rosaline / Rosalina?
    Vesper Opal, Dossie Gardener, Shalom Galilee, Easter Paloma, Mary Valentine, Agnes Gardenia, Benilde Beloved, Constance Camellia, Nanette Minnie, Bertie Frances, Betty Calloway, Yuki Magnolia, Gardenia Philou, Malou Anouk.

Dossie Gardener, Bertram Beloved, Gerald Dove, Obadiah Dove, Amadeus Andrew, Abraham Lou, Thaddeus Noble, Enzo Raphael, Shalom Gentle, Shepherd Andrew.

I love the meaningful reason for you wanting to use Rosemarine. I think the message behind the name makes it very lovely and special. I think it would be sweet to use this as a middle name to honor your grandmother.
    Last edited by jessicainwonderland; July 17th, 2014 at 03:08 AM.