Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: What works with our last name?!

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scout (with a feminine mn) Moorehead

9 8.82%
  • Lucy Moorehead

69 67.65%
  • Harper Moorehead

12 11.76%
  • Teagen Moorehead

8 7.84%
  • Sloane Moorehead

4 3.92%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

ugh, what actually works with last name Moorehead?!

Me again! My DH doesn't like most of my top name contenders. He feels like our last name of Moorehead is really tricky to pair names with since it is like an adjective (more) and noun (head). I think he over thinks it a bit, but then again so do I, as here I am with another post and poll!

In an earlier poll, Scarlett (nn Scout) and Lucinda (nn Luci) were top contenders, but I realized I really don't like the full names of either of those too much, and prefer the nicknames as real names. So, now I've got 5 here for you to choose from. Would LOVE input on the middle name as well.

1) Scout ___ Moorehead (DH loves Scout too but worries it doesn't work with our last name-- I think it could if we gave her a feminine middle name, like Scout Anabel or Scout Elise or…)

2) Lucy__ Moorehead (need mn help)

3) Harper Grier Moorehead (mn after a dear friend)

4) Teagen ___ Moorehead (mn?)

5) Sloane ___ Moorehead (mn?)

What do you think?!
    Last edited by cdawg2001; July 17th, 2014 at 12:07 AM.

I voted for Harper bc it sounded the best to me. I knew a Carmen Moorehead in school. She was a beautiful girl. Love her name.
    Mother of Evander nn Van
    Expecting #2
    Gabriel - Sebastian - Shepherd -- Eliza - Dagny - Annabelle

I think Lucy works best with Moorehead. That said, I don't think there is anything wrong with the flow of Scout with Moorehead either, so if you both love the idea of Scout, it really does work.

I think the only one that doesn't flow really well is Harper...between the P of Harper and the M of Moorehead, it does through flow off.
    Zena
    Ariadne
    | Lalita | Sunniva
    Emrys | August

I immediately though Katelyn. I am very fond of it, although it's trendy. Mackenzie is another one that's very trendy but flows well. I also liked Taylor or Sydney Moorehead, I thought they both sounded lovely.
    ○ Just because you don't understand doesn't mean you can call it crazy - Harry Styles ○

○Girls: Mariana, Isabel, Josephine, Natalie, Gemma, Olivia○
    ○Boys: Elliott, Cole, Isaac, Benjamin, Connor, Henry○
    ○Currently loving Elliot James, Mariana Valentine, Isaac Matthew and Josephine Louelle○
    ○Vote on my Name list by clicking here

○I'm Leah. I'm a pre-teen berry who's super obsessed with names○

Lucy for sure! Lucy Grier is my vote. Anything two syllable or more. The one syllable bangs against the awkward surname. I also have an awkward surname so not meant offensively ;-)

I think Scout is a cool name but given your last name, I think it could really set her up for teasing once the kids know the 'other' definition of 'head.' I know your surname is prounounced Moore not More but you get my drift..
    Love love talking names... my 'style' is more classic but I do love some surprising choices too...
    DD1 born April 2013 has a mainstream name honouring 4 lines of her heritage + 2 mns (2nd is my surname)
    Already daydreaming of her little sister or brother's name/s

My guilty pleasure names..
    Garcia Romeo
    Kip Blenheim
    Beaumont Olivier

Anouk Bellamy
    Tulia Fox
    Guinevere Beaudry