Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A no-no or totally okay?

My name is Helena (heh-lay-nuh) but I go mostly by Lena (lay-nuh). One of the few girl names I can see us using is Magdalena (mag-duh-lee-nuh)/Magdalen(mag-duh-lehnn) but im worried its too cheesy because its so close to my name. So is it an absolute no or do ya think its ok?
    If we did use it we'd probably use Magdalena Olive or Magdalen Rosemarie.
    Proud mama to
    -Clementine Aurora, Estella Vivienne & Magnolia Seraphine-

I don't think they are too close.

Since Helena and Magdalena/Magdalen are pronounced differently I think it is totally fine. I think it is kind of cool that they look alike. I love both Magdalena and Magdalen (but I prefer Magdalena).
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Paul | Basil | Abram | Tobias | Samuel | Thomas | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cecilia | Cora | Delia | Helen | Helena | Lena | Raphaela | Ambrose | Elliott | Ephraim | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

I was going to say that it seemed too close to me, but then I saw in your signature that you have two girls already, and knowing that, I think it's fine. I was thinking it would be a little too cutesy if this was your first child, but since you have two whose names aren't very similar to yours I think it's OK. Personally I like the flow of Magdalena better than that of Magdalen, but Magdalen Rosemarie is a gorgeous combo.

I don't think they are too close either, but personally I would probably use Magdalen to make it a little less similar to your own name.

Magdalen Rosemarie is beautiful and sounds lovely with your other girls' names!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996