Results 1 to 5 of 7
Thread: New Favorite O Names
July 16th, 2014 03:54 PM #1
New Favorite O Names
I found a few names that I love that start with O, but probably wouldn't use. There are different reasons for each, but I wanted your guy's opinions and thoughts!
1. Oslo (How is it pronounced, I say oz-low)
7. Octavious w/ nn of "Tav"
8. OscarBoys: Sullivan James, Judah Theodore, Fergus Harrison, Palmer Edmond, and Murphy Alexander
Girls: Connelly Bronwen, Amity Jane, Indira Sky, January Emmeline, and Bay Juliette
July 16th, 2014 06:14 PM #3
I like Oslo (I say oz-low, too) and Octavius, but I'd never use them either!
A few of them remind me of cartoon characters, and I don't like them for that reason. Oddie reminds me of Odie from Garfield, Oswald like the Nick show about Oswald the octopus, and Oscar like Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street.
Like I said, I'd never use them. It's a fun list, though!Adam • Aleia • Aiden • Evelyn • Ethan • Keira • Evan • Lily • Noah • Lydia • Seth • Violet
July 16th, 2014 06:37 PM #5
1. Oslo - Interesting.. It's cute!
2. Oddie - Sounds like oddity, so I think there would be a lot of teasing potential..
3. Oswald - I actually really like this name, especially with the Doctor Who connotation of Clara Oswin Oswald!
4. Omar - I'm not a huge fan of this name..
5. Orville - Forever associated with Orville Redenbacher's popcorn for me.
6. Obbi - If pronounced like Oh-bee, then it's like like Obi Wan Kenobi, and if pronounced like Ah-bee, then it's like Dobby from Harry Potter..
7. Octavious w/ nn of "Tav" - I knew someone named Octavious once.. It's a bit heavy, but a cool name nonetheless.
8. Oscar - Love this name! Really nice.Girls~ Luna ~ Sylvie ~ Marigold ~ Finula ~ Olive ~ Isla ~
Boys- Wes - Jude - Orson - Zion - Harris - Abram -
July 16th, 2014 08:48 PM #7
I think these are fun.
I think Oslo, Omar, Octavious, and Oscar are complete usable.
Oddie - Did you ever read the Odd Thomas books? That's what this makes me think of. That's a good thing. I love those books, but just probably not doable in real life.
Oswald and Orville - Not a fan.
Obbi - Nah. But Obey as a nn would be really cool. Just not sure for what...Obadiah?
My favorite O names
Oz (Oscar/Ozias)Top 20Silas/Cyrus~Gideon~Jasper~Mack(Cormac)~Callum
July 16th, 2014 08:54 PM #9Senior Member
20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad
- Join Date
- Jul 2013
Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus