Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Boring or refreshing?

These 3 names have long been held in limbo for me - add them to my list or not add them to my list? They all have a quiet feel to them, and one minute I think they're dull, and the next minute I think they are refreshing with a quiet charm. Thoughts?

Alice
    Marianne
    Helen

In my personal taste:
    Alice - refreshing
    Marianne - both? I'm not much of a fan, but haven't heard it much
    Helen - boring

Alice - Okay
    Marianne - Not sure about this.. Haven't heard of this name either
    Helen - Sounds rather boring and old

Sorry c:

I would say refreshing. But they need decidedly non-boring middles! No Grace/Rose/Elizabeth!
    Helena is on my list, but I really like the more streamlined Helen as well (the same way I love both Leonora and Leonor).

Marianne is lovely to see, I'm extremely fond of the Tori Amos song called 'Marianne' so the name has sentimental value to me. I don't think I would use it myself though, mostly because I would struggle to find suitable sibling names and because I don't like how it sounds in Norwegian.
    Alice is practically trendy!

I also think Jane is unfairly called boring, along with Anna.
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Emerence + Eulalie + Everild + Flora + Helena + Leonor + Louisa + Nimue + Ophelia + Rosalind
    Balthasar + Edmund + Emmanuel + Emrys + Ignatius + Isidor + Leonidas + Oberon + Valentine

Want to help me with my lists?
    GIRLS
    BOYS

Bloom + Blythe + Evening + Mercy + Vesper + Briar + Boone + Forest + Hawthorn + Prosper

None of them are boring IMO. I agree with the berry who said make sure that you use near middles with them. Alice is a contender for the little girl we are expecting in November.