Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charlotte Charles Lamb

6 23.08%
  • Philippa Charles Lamb

20 76.92%

Help! Poll for Girls Name… Baby coming any day now!

I am having a baby girl in a few weeks. My husband and I cannot decide between two names we really like:

Charlotte Charles Lamb, nickname "Cece"
    Philippa Charles Lamb, nickname "Pippa"

Charles may seem like an odd choice for a girls middle name, but it's after a family member.

Just looking for opinions… What name do you like better?

Thanks!

Congrats! I do love the nickname Pippa, but I think the flow of Charlotte Charles Lamb/Cece Lamb works the best.
    TTC our first little one beginning December 2013!

Lucia - Linnea - Caterina - Linley - Camille
    Leo - Olin - Matteo - Emilio - Emmett

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Definitely wouldn't recommend Charlotte Charles. They're are the same name, just in female and male forms (just as Caroline and Carl are, and have the same meaning as Charlotte/Charles). If you want to name baby after familial Charles, use either Charlotte or Charles, not BOTH.

So, if you want to use Charles, call her Philippa. If you want to use Charlotte, call her Charlotte and pick a different middle name ("Cece" can work for Charlotte even without a C middle name, but if you're so inclined, something nice and long like Charlotte Cordelia or Charlotte Clara or Charlotte Coraline would work), perhaps Charlotte Philippa.
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Philippa! One of my favorite girls names, not NEARLY as popular as Charlotte, and so beautiful!

A great choice on your behalf!

Also, I think Lamb as a middle is so sweet

Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Definitely wouldn't recommend Charlotte Charles. They're are the same name, just in female and male forms (just as Caroline and Carl are, and have the same meaning as Charlotte/Charles). If you want to name baby after familial Charles, use either Charlotte or Charles, not BOTH.
    This, exactly. Charlotte Charles, while not a horrible name, is redundant.

For the record, I see no issue at all with using Charles as a girl's middle name since there's a family connection.