Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Phoenix is a great name. I love it on both girls & boys.

I'am not a fan of Houston though.

As someone who lives in Houston. I wouldn't. Lol. It's really not the best city to be named after it's not like Austin that's beautiful hill country, better weather, less humid. Houston is hot, muggy, crowded, flat, and boring. Personally I'm not really a fan of place names in general. I know it was a surname for a founder but I think it should stay that way.
    Valerie. 25. Texas. Lover of words and monikers. TTC late fall 2014.

Favorite girl names:
    Lydia Rose, Violet Simone, Vivienne Claire, Aurora Juliet
    Guilty Pleasures/Crushes/Other:
    Lucienna nn Luna, Sienna, Azalea, Astrid, Eleanora nn Nora, Marcheline nn Ellie

Favorite boy names:
    Roman Alexander, Atticus Henry
    Guilty Pleasures/Crushes/Other:
    Luca, Judas nn Jude, Andreas, Hector, Ivan, August, Julian, Julius, Henry, Micah

Place names are hard. Houston, Austin, Dallas, etc. Texas cities hold no charm for me... I just think of the place, both the good and the bad. Phoenix is 100% girl to me. Without going deep into this issue, it is highly connected to women in most of E. Asia (and is a common name for women in China)... and I find it strange that people would assume their child will never go to E. Asia or have connections with E. Asians. After all, China alone is 1/5 the world's population... So, I think it's a great mythological name for a girl, but not one I'd ever tack on my son...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

The 'Houston we have a problem' connection is actually kind of fun. I'm not a big fan of place names, but I think of a bird when I hear Phoenix, which makes it much nicer in my book.
    Beatrix - Fleur - Minnow - Zelda - Fern - Winifred - Poet

Wolfgang - Atlas - Huck - Abraham - Ernest - Ulysses - Fox - Alasdair