Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Commitment Issues...

So I am almost out of the first trimester and DH and I have already started talking names. Last time it was so hard, this time it has been relatively easy. Awhile ago I told him about the name Bram, and he loves it, and I do too. It is our current #1 for a boy. But, i keep going back to it and I am worried that it is not "enough" if that makes sense. We have to use a B name (so Abram nn: Bram will not work).
    I guess my worry is that people are going to hear it and say "huh" or "what is it short for" (though I get that for my name a lot). Also, I love Biblical names and I love that it is a diminutive of Abraham and that it means "father of many" since he will be named after my father who passed. Clearly I am having troubles committing to the name. What are your thoughts? Is Bram enough? It is a stretch with the whole Biblical name meaning? Does it go well with my DS?
    Mommy to Jonah Elias

Baby "B" ON THE WAY!!

Favorites
    Girls: Cora, Penelope, Hannah, Felicity, Etta, Sela, Calla, Vivienne, Juliet, Winnie, Autumn, Amelia, Piper, Elodie, Celia
    Boys: Bram, Cyrus, Asher, Raylan, Bastian, Tobias, Owen, Levi, Jonah, Elias, Silas, Augustus, Atticus, Harlan, Jack, Micah

To answer a few of your questions honestly, I really really like Bram. But I chose to eliminate in from my list because it didn't feel like enough to me, although I would love to meet a little Bram. My best friend's father is named Braham, spelled like that, and that looks like enough, when I look at it. (Maybe because Graham can stand alone as a name, so why not that spelling?) The name does go very well with your son's name. Jonah and Bram. It's adorable!

You'll just have to decide for yourself if it's enough. Yes, some people might say "What's it short for?" but if you really love it, that won't matter. Best wishes!
    18 | Name lover | No babies, just planning.

Current name loves: Griffin Atlas, Jedidiah West, Malcolm Rivers, Charlie Hayes, Stellan August, Rome Atticus | | Shiloh Everly, Genevieve "Evie" Blake, Alice Fable, Carrigan Maeve, Gemma Island Aspen Claire

Check out my Name Blog! Latest post 9/23/2014 http://nameloves.blogspot.com/

I like Bram a lot. I agree with previous poster about how Graham stands alone so nicely, so why not Bram? Or even Braham if you like how that looks. I'm assuming Bram would keep the meaning even as a nick name to the name. And I think Jonah and Bram are cute together!

There probably would be people asking what its short for, but I don't personally find it a big deal Good luck!

Are you using a B name in honor of your father? Is that why it has to begin with B?
    I do really like Bram, and its meaning and origin. I think whether it is enough depends on your surname... if the surname is more than one syllable, Bram is likely enough. If the surname is only one syllable, it may come across as too abrupt to be pleasing.
    What about Bramwell? It has a lovely literary connection, as the name of the beloved brother of the Bronte sisters.
    Mommy to Travis Nevin and Baby #2 is due first week of April 2015
    Future Sons: Angus Loudon ...or... Harvey Leonhard ...or... Jethro Blaise
    Future Daughters: Ada Katherine "Ada Kate" ...or... Tessa Charlotte ...or... Florence Imogen

thanks for the suggestion of Braham. I will see if DH likes that spelling. I am not sure, just by look, I think I like the more simple spelling. And, thank you for mentioning Graham. I never really put two and two together, but you are right, they are quite similar, you just don't spell Graham like Gram.

@muime944 - my last name is a two syllable name, and it actually flows quiet well with Bram (I am obsessed with the flow of names so it is something I have thought of).
    Mommy to Jonah Elias

Baby "B" ON THE WAY!!

Favorites
    Girls: Cora, Penelope, Hannah, Felicity, Etta, Sela, Calla, Vivienne, Juliet, Winnie, Autumn, Amelia, Piper, Elodie, Celia
    Boys: Bram, Cyrus, Asher, Raylan, Bastian, Tobias, Owen, Levi, Jonah, Elias, Silas, Augustus, Atticus, Harlan, Jack, Micah