Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

And then there were two (oh yeah the baby is here already)

So our little boy has arrived and is nameless. We are having a very very hard time choosing his name - it will either be Everett or Clark.

Everett - One of us loves it (top choice) the other likes it. We are worried about popularity as we wanted a fairly unique/uncommon name (arbitrary parameters were outside the top 100 - which this fits, but it seems to be a fast riser).

Clark - Again one of us loves it (top choice) the other likes it. One of us feels that Clark may be too simple and fears the obvious Superman connection. On the other hand Clark is certainly not a popular name.

We already have his first name (which works with both) - but he will go by his middle name, so two middles doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance.

My vote is for Clark. Everett is too last namey for a middle that you'll be using as his name, in my opinion.

Congratulations!

Both are very nice, I think I prefer Clark.
    *Penelope*Pearl*Estella*Marisol*Golda*Martha*
    *Lilac*Daphne*Tabitha*Autumn*

Silas*Henry*Arthur*Gabriel*Eli*Patrick*Frederick
    *Heath*Gilbert*Jonah*Leo

I prefer Everett! I actually know several Clark's.

I prefer Clark, personally, but I think both would fit what you're looking for? I'm sorry this is so hard for you! Congratulations on your new little one! I've never had to do this in real life, so I can't imagine how hard it must be to be in your spot. Maybe you should ask the baby which one he likes? I know that sounds sort of goofy. Just a thought!

pet peeves: nicknames as given names; unconventional spellings; masculine names on girls
    not-so-guilty pleasures: five-syllable girls' names; virtue and nature names; over-the-top antique names for boys
    (if i repeat name suggestions in a thread, it's because i like them! no apologies here for repeats of great names! )

IF YOU LOVE IT, USE IT!