Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Oh, I know the feeling. The names that you would only dare to tell your best name-nerd buddies. I must admit I really like Gertrude, and Mildred! (and Delores and Bibi/Bebe and Bunny and Virginia...) There are so many clunky/weird/odd names that most people go "eww!" to and I go "oooh!" to.
    Jude, blackbird.

Aleka // Audrey // Cass // Chloe // Edia // Etta // Frances // India // Margot // Marian
    Miranda // Molly // Rosi // Samantha // Stephanie

I'll admit to these ones now that I'm not quite alone on the subject

Mildred
    Doris
    Ethel
    Bessie
    Maude
    Bertha (Only slightly, this is one I'd never use)
    Ann
    Myrtle
    Edna (another that I'd never use, but the meaning is nice)
    Fannie (if it wasn't tied to the female body parts...)
    Nettie
    Lizzie
    Lula
    Florrie
    Dottie
    Dolly
    Betty

I have a lot. Some of them I've plucked up the courage to put in my top 10 and some are just floating around on my guilty pleasure list.

Shiloh, Jersey, Tallulah, Journey, Sunday, Nevaeh (don't shoot me, it sounds nice), Bellamy, Wednesday, Danika
    ** m a g i c a l **

Dismissing something as "too Nameberry" blows my mind. I've invested time in reading this site because so many people share my taste in names. While I'd like to explore and expand my choices, it doesn't do me any good to drop in on a site that focuses exclusively on another naming style.

I think my especially guilty pleasures are the over the top feminine nicknames-- oh yes, Bibi/Bebe and Bunny. Cece and Gigi, too. Lula, Lola (Delores!) Dolly, Bessie/Betsy/Betty/Bette. Plus Some really flowery longer names like Arabella and Christabel.

I like some much fustier names like Helen/Helena and Agnes as well but I think I somehow feel more confident admitting to these preferences.

I expect that when it comes to naming a daughter I will choose something familiar but unexpected that presents an option for a really girly nickname.

And Coraline, Neil Gaiman's typo, is just too adorable for me to forget but I still feel wrong for loving this name so much. Then again, that's how Imogen was established as a name as well...