• dislike

18 72.00%
  • neutral

3 12.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A beautiful Ulalume

Hey all!

What are your opinions on Ulalume?

What kind of girl do you think Ulalume is?

Any nn?

Thanks a lot :-)

~ Belle
    “I am eternally, devastatingly romantic, and I thought people would see it because 'romantic' doesn't mean 'sugary.' It's dark and tormented — the furor of passion, the despair of an idealism that you can't attain.”

~Catherine Breillat

I can't really see the name Ulalume working here in the US. I personally am not a fan of it, but, again, I live in the US.

NN possibilities: Ula/Eula, Ullie, Lumie, LaLu, LuLu, Lalum, Lalumie

A girl named Ulalume would be sophisticated, foreign, and fun in my mind. She'd also go by a nickname most of the time.

Personally, I like Lalumie the best
    Last edited by amatornomina; July 13th, 2014 at 01:44 PM.
    If you have a moment would you consider taking a look at my name list?:

It looks so beautiful, but I find it kind of difficult to say. It's not that the pronunciation itself is difficult, it's just that the ul/lu sounds are a bit awkward to say back to back.
    Wholock | Historian | Biochemist | Single Pringle | Teenberry (17) 😏
    Future mummy, dreaming of...
    Little Misses Combos ✦ Pandora • Demelza • Beatrix • Marigold ✦
    ✦ Crushing on... Atticus - William - John - Anna Hermione - Ashildr - Minette/Minnie ✦
    Mister Men Combos ✦ Caspian | Phoenix | Ptolemy | Horatio ✦
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • BBC Sherlock • His Last Vow •

Downton Abbey
    It seems like it could be very pretty, but it's also very difficult for me to say :/ I agree with myosotis - it's the ul/lu that makes it awkward. Lulu and Lula would make nice nicknames for it though, but I'm not sure how I picture one, perhaps maybe like Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter?

east of the sun, west of the moon
    Didn't Poe make it up? It's very haunting. It reminds me too much of the cat call "oo-lah-lah" to be used, but that might just be in English speaking countries (thought it's French in origin). It is a bit of a tongue twister to say, as well. I can't separate the name from the poem, because I don't have any other frame of reference for it, so it's ghostly to me. Tragic and cold. Leaves blowing in the wind and the moon. Rhymes with tomb.

I think it could be a very interesting middle, and I'd love to meet a cat named Ulalume.

The only other nickname I can think of that isn't listed is Uma. Or perhaps Lalie, rhymes with lolli (pop). Maybe even Lola? That last one might be a stretch I suppose.

You might like some other "Poe" names.

Annabel Lee
    Ligeia (I think this one is even Greek!)
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow | Thisbe Wildrose ● Damian Sparrow | Malachi Tristan Bjorn
    A n n i k a | єvαdηe | F a r a d a y | Loreℓei | O c t a v i a | Meridiαη
    ℘αηdorα | P e t r a | Suηηivα | T h o r a
    ●●● ●●● ●●●
    Cαspiαη | E v a n d e r | єverett | G w y d i o n
    K o n r a d | Mαℓαchi | O r e n | ℘ɦiηeαs | T h e o d o r e

click for my name lists | click for my name imagery
    our kitties: Sebastian & Oleander | writing books & TTC #1