Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Name question

Name question

We are thinking of naming our little one Evelyn (undecided on a middle name), Evie (eh-vee) as a nickname.

My only hesitation is my husband's ex wife is named Amy and her middle name is Lynn. She doesn't go by Amy Lynn, just Amy. Do you guys think this is too similar a name? I don't want her to think we played off of her name to get our daughter's name because we didn't. Am I just being a weirdo and hormonal? 😁

Evelyn and Amy aren't similar at all... if her FIRST name was Lynn I could see your hesitation but it would still be silly not to use the name you love. Just because her mn is Lynn doesn't mean any name containing Lynn is out, it's such a common middle name. Use it!
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Roland · Whitney · Atlas

I would never have made the connection. I agree with the pp that they are not similar at all.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Not too similar at all!

They only similarity between Amy and Evelyn is that they have a 'y' in them. There's absolutely no connection between the two. Lynn is a big filler name, so I wouldn't even give it a second thought.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund