Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I prefer Daphne. Delphine is a nice name, but Amelia and Daphne make a better sibset in my opinion.
    Under Construction

This is one of the toughest nameberry questions that has been posed.

Daphne is more recognizable. Daphne and Amelia make a slightly better sibset. It's such a cute and spunky name. But Daphne is a bit.. well.. daffy. Maybe it's the Scooby Doo thing. Maybe it's Daffy Duck. Whatever the reason, I see what the poster who had a doctor friend named Daphne means... it's just not an MD's name.

Delphine has a much softer sound that has a lot to offer. It reminds me of Delphiniums which is a beautiful blue/purple flower. Such a pretty name that is unique but easy to pronounce and the spelling is intuitive for English speakers.

I think this one is going to come down to which sounds better with the surname. let us know which one you choose.

Choose Daphne if spunk is more important to you.

Choose Delphine if elegance is more important to you.

I love both!
    Agatha | Apollonia | Cornelia | Guinevere | Henrietta | Josephine | Lavinia | Minerva | Parthenia | Thomasina | Winifred

V i n t a g e | C h a r m

Archibald | Augustus | Barnabas | Bartholomew | Cornelius | Ebenezer | Hezekiah | Ignatius | Leonidas | Sylvester | Tiberius

Delphine reminds me of dolphins too...not a really a bad thing IMO but it does. Isn't that the meaning of Delphine?
    Daphne is beautiful! I think of flowers I vote daphne!

My vote goes to Daphne, I love the name a lot. I think Amelia and Daphne is a pretty sibset.