Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Daphne or Laurel?

My husband surprised me last night - he now likes Laurel! So what do you think about this name, and which name do you prefer, Daphne or Laurel (nn Laurie?)? Also, which one do you prefer with big sister Amelia? Thanks for your help, I feel like we've been doing some great progress lately!

I love both! They have very different feels to me. Laurel is very soft while Daphne less soft and more spunky. I prefer Daphne as a name, but Laurel is gorgeous.

I am not too fond of Daphne. Laurel is beautiful, spunky, and a nature name. I think Laurel and Amelia work together for their spunkiness while Daphne and Amelia work together for their timeless feel.

Emmeline Azure o Annabel Waverly -- o -- Maebry Eloise o Story Anneliese
    Piers Lachlan o Charlie Hawthorne -- o -- Tadhg Emerson o Wilder Quinn
    ------------------------ o ------------------------ o ------------------------

heart my son

This is a tough one. I'm actually not a big Daphne fan, but something about sisters Amelia and Daphne is just adorable. However, I like Laurel the best by itself and since we spend most of our lives NOT associated with our siblings, I'm going with Laurel.
    Mommy to Konrad Wolfgang 12/31/13
    I've already got that naming fever again...
    Wilhelmina - Louisa - Rosalie - Hildie - Frieda
    Hugo - Kai - Alaric - Otto - Kilian - Desmond

I prefer Daphne. Laurel sounds very dated, due to it's similarity to Lauren and Laura, to me and I'm generally not too fond of them. I do think that Daphne sounds older than Amelia and don't think that they're the perfect match (which is totally fine) but I like a sibset of Amelia and Daphne a thousand times better than Amelia and Laurel.
    Polly

currently loving

Arabella | Eloise | Ida | Leonor | Ophelia | Penelope | Rosalie

August | Caspar | Elliott | Oscar | Theo