Names Searched Right Now:

1930s name for a tightope walker

In my story, the main character is a tightrope walker who joins a new kind of circus, a freak show.
    Her last name needs to be simple and very common. Maybe Jones or Smith? I'm still not sure about her first name. Nothing too extravagant, but not too simple either. I was thinking about Marjorie but I'm not in love with it. Basically a name coming from the early 1900s. I like Winnie too.
    My character is a 18-20 (haven't decided yet) year old girl. Her father is white and her mother is black, making her biracial. She got her father's green eyes, and besides that, doesn't look anything like him. Her hair is shoulder length, and it is mostly straight from the white side of her family.
    She is the quiet type, who puts all her focus onto her tightrope walking. When people cheer for her performances, she feels on top of the world. My character is a big daddy's girl as well. If her father needs anything, you know she will do anything he asks. He is her only family after her mother ran out as soon as she was born.
    Thanks in advance!

Josephine/Josie (my favorite)
    Cora
    Elsie
    Beatrice/Birdie
    Adelaide
    Isobel
    Nora
    Ada
    Jane
    Maggie
    Margie

This is a great list of last names if you need it! https://suite.io/cynthia-jones-shoeman/2brh29e
    Last edited by abbyheartsyou; July 7th, 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Thank you Abby!

Current Favorites
    August - Daniel - Erik - Heath - Leo - Ronan
    Eve - Fiona - Johanna - Lana - Lena - Sally