Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How do you feel about each of these? ?

Selwyn - Grandpa's name he kinda hated it
    Seeley - pretty sure this is the origin of the word silly, supposed to be 'very happy?' I think basically means Joy... I think that Sealy booth from bones might make this sort of a tough one?
    Sealey - means blessed and see above name( same pronunciation & I believe name) usable?
    Sable - color name I was looking for something night related ?
    Sidney- I was going to be a Sidney, not sure how I'm feeling on it, but I don't dislike it at all... Just not sure I like it for a child or not...
    Sterling- means little star... I don't know how I feel about this, I like the sound but I'm not sure its my/ our style at all..
    Steadfast in theory this would be a middle name but?
    I love names like Hawthorn & Stonewall ( can't use either for specific reasons but nanes like that or virtues that begin with S are definitly worth sharing with us!!!)
    Simon is on the list already... Please weigh in...
    Last edited by dinosaursroar; July 7th, 2014 at 04:33 PM.

Selwyn - Grandpa's right - not a fan
    Seeley -I only imagine people saying "Did you say Silly?" or "Like the mattress?"
    Sable - I coulld probably like this. It seems comfortable.
    Sidney- This just seems like a girl name to me so I wouldn't choose it
    Sterling- I have a very bad connection with this name so I don't like it.

Other suggestions for night names:

Jett (Jet Black)
    Gray
    Cole (Charcoal)
    Slate
    Stone

The origin for 'silly' was spelled variously 'cille, celie. etc.' in medieval times and it originally meant 'innocent'. The virgin Mary was described as such, but over time the meaning evolved to 'foolish', and the spelling to 'silly'. I like Simon from your list, and I'd suggest Stellan. Best wishes!

Of your list like Sterling the best.

Perhaps Silas or Cillian would be good alternatives to Seeley?

Alternatives to Hawthorne and Stonewall... and S names...

Bramwell
    Stanton
    Sagen
    Stockwell
    Sampson
    Samuel
    Sanford
    Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by cengel73 View Post
    Selwyn - Grandpa's right - not a fan
    Seeley -I only imagine people saying "Did you say Silly?" or "Like the mattress?"
    Sable - I coulld probably like this. It seems comfortable.
    Sidney- This just seems like a girl name to me so I wouldn't choose it
    Sterling- I have a very bad connection with this name so I don't like it.

Other suggestions for night names:

Jett (Jet Black)
    Gray
    Cole (Charcoal)
    Slate
    Stone
    You think very similarly, these are exactly the problems I have with these names. I appreciate that. Sable I agree is comfortable and not too out there. I just need to think about it more. Black and grey are too colory for me, jet just reminds me of the band and a jet so I can't do it , Cole is on the list already and for some reason slate and stone make me think of old soap opera characters from when I was 9 and they were always on when I got home from school and everyone was slater and stone and Brock... That's so much fir your honest imput! Also yea I like Selwyn but for me it puts me off that he disliked it enough to go by his last name that was more widely accepted as an fn. my husband writes not a fan next to names he doesn't like so I got a chuckle out of that .