Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How many Masons do you know?

So my boyfriends favorite name is Mason. I like it, but it seems so darn popular! Popularity isn't a huge issue, but I prefer names that are less well known and have more history. But since it's his favorite, I could make it work.

The popularity still erks me though. So I was wondering how many of you guys actually know a Mason? Do you know several or a few? Do you hear it a lot? In 10 years, where do you think the name will be on the popularity charts?
    My Favorites
    ~Boys~
    August Chase | Felix Anderson | Phineas Michael | Jasper Chase | Arlo James

~Girls~
    Amara Juliette | Arianne Marie | Delilah Ann | Evanna Louise | Lucia Charlotte

His Favorites
    Mason Anderson Chase | Marina Arianne Louise

I know at least 4 under the age of 6. But I do like the name!

I know 2 baby Masons under the age of 4. It seems to be a name that is popping up everywhere.
    After 6 wonderful years of marriage... TTC Baby Barry #1
    A collector of names my whole life; I received Beyond Jennifer and Jason when I was 13

The person makes the name -- My name is Rebecca Avice but go by Rocky

I'm in Australia, but I have never met anyone named Mason. I've known ALOT of Jasons- but no one called Mason.
    ~ Married ~ Planning TTC Late 2014 ~

Austen Theodore|Elliott Hezekiah

Charlotte Evangeline|Matilda Florence|Adelaide Elizabeth

I know two Masons who are each around 2 years old. Mason is a top 10 name in the USA and recently experienced a big spike in popularity, so it is definitely tied to a certain generation (2000s-2010s), versus names that are more timeless like William or David. In 10 years I expect that Mason will still be a popular name, although in 30 years it will probably have declined a lot in favor of a new trend. With that said, it is a very solid name. And because it's an occupation name, it doesn't sound made-up. I think it will age well and would be a perfectly respectable choice for a baby name.