Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lori

Lori

What is the first thought you think of when you hear or see the name Lorraine?
    What is the first thought you think of when you hear or see the name Lori?

Im swooning over the name Lorraine lately. And the fact that my boyfriend likes it, kind of makes me love it even more.
    Girly Girls :: Lorraine Alice || Glenna Judith || Patricia Eve || Audrey Jean || Judith Christine

Boyish Boys :: David Walter || Aubrey Mark || Warren/Wallace Keith || Maverick Jon || Gideon Robert || Darby Allen || Elijah Shepard || Vincent Drake || Whitney Castle || Mark Allen

Future Siblings: David Walter, Mark Allen, Lorraine Alice, Patricia Eve & Judith Christine

Lorraine I think of Alsace-Lorraine, of course.
    Lori I think of Laura, my mother's nickname and name, respectively.

Lorraine actually makes me think of the character from cheaper by the dozen, haha. I don't particularly care for it though, it gives me a dated vibe. I really dislike nickname Lori as well, it seems a little tacky. Have you considered other nickname for Lorraine? Maybe Raine? Lorraine nn Raine would be awesome.
    ~ Larissa

Olympia Primrose
    Waverly Claire ~ Amaryllis Joy
    Holiday Elise ~ Bellamy June ~ Seraphina Daisy
    Genevieve Scout ~ Romilly Violet ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

I adore Lorraine... I always have. It just feels refined and classy to me, though I do prefer it as a middle name. The first thing I think of is "cute name!" I also like Lorena and Lorna.
    Lori makes me think of one of my dear friends, in her mid-twenties. She has this name, not short for anything. She is a petite brunette, sassy and cool and country. My husband also has a distant relative by this name; she's about 45 and blond with a nice trim figure. It fits her well.
    Mommy to Travis Nevin 05/12
    and Angus Loudon is due April 6th, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by larkub101 View Post
    Lorraine actually makes me think of the character from cheaper by the dozen, haha. I don't particularly care for it though, it gives me a dated vibe. I really dislike nickname Lori as well, it seems a little tacky. Have you considered other nickname for Lorraine? Maybe Raine? Lorraine nn Raine would be awesome.
    I have thought of Raine as a nickname. It just doesnt feel right. Lori honors my mom, too. So I think thats why I like it a bit more
    Girly Girls :: Lorraine Alice || Glenna Judith || Patricia Eve || Audrey Jean || Judith Christine

Boyish Boys :: David Walter || Aubrey Mark || Warren/Wallace Keith || Maverick Jon || Gideon Robert || Darby Allen || Elijah Shepard || Vincent Drake || Whitney Castle || Mark Allen

Future Siblings: David Walter, Mark Allen, Lorraine Alice, Patricia Eve & Judith Christine