Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Name Rater

Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

Quote Originally Posted by psg007 View Post
    These are my top five for each gender. I know they are not to everybody's tastes, but I'm always interested to hear what other people think of them.

Boys:
    Jethro Tobias
    Lionel Vincent
    Malcolm Arthur "Mal"
    Barnaby Dashiell "Barns"
    Chester George "Chet"

Girls:
    Fiona Beatrix "Fee"
    Nell Cordelia
    Romy Anneliese
    Tess Vivienne
    Hettie Juliet
    Jethro Tobias: I think the combo flows well, and I like that it's a mix of less common names (8/10)
    Jethro: Not my favourite name, but I don't hate it, and I like that it's not that common (5/10)
    Tobias: I adore Tobias, the nn Toby is so handsome. Do slightly prefer Tobiah or Tobin, but Tobias is very handsome (9/10)

Lionel Vincent: Neither name is on my list, but I do like that they're the same sort of style. The flow is nice too (6/10)
    Lionel: Not really my thing. I quite like that you could call him Lion as a nn, but I can't imagine a baby named Lionel (4/10)
    Vincent: Handsome, but not my favourite. I'm also not a fan of the nn Vince or Vinny. I do think it has a nice feel to it, it reminds of Charles or Edmund in style, but I can't picture a baby Vincent (4/10)

Malcolm Arthur: I like the flow of this combo. I think it would need a one or three syllable surname so that it doesn't sound too sing songy. Not a huge fan of the nn Mal (7/10)
    Malcolm: It sounds very dated to me, my friend's dad is named Malcolm and so I can't really picture it on a baby (3/10)
    Arthur: Love, love, love Arthur. I think it's incredibly handsome, although I'm not a fan of the nn Artie (9/10)

Barnaby Dashiell: I think this is a very handsome combo, I love the flow, and I think it would age really well. Not a fan of the nn Barns though (9/10)
    Barnaby: I adore Barnaby, I think it would be so cute with the nn Barney. (9/10)
    Dashiell: I like Dashiell but I always get hung up on the way to pronounce it. Love the nn Dash though (8/10)

Chester George: While the flow is okay it's a little hard for me to say, I feel like George Chester might flow a little better. The combination of names is nice though. The nn Chet feels very cowboy to me (5/10)
    Chester: Not a fan. It just reminds me of an old man, and I have a really hard time picturing it on a baby (2/10 sorry)
    George: I like this, but it's tied to the royal baby for me. I do enjoy the sound though, and can picture it on a baby (6/10)

Fiona Beatrix: This flows really well, I like the combination of names and how well they go together (8/10)
    Fiona: I'm not a huge fan of Fiona, it reminds me of the princess from Shrek, but I do think that it has a sweet sound (6/10)
    Beatrix: I completely adore Beatrix, I love it's spunky feel and it's literary connections. I do slightly prefer Beatrice, but Beatrix has a much more rebellious feel for me personally (9/10)

Nell Cordelia: I utterly adore this combo, I had it on my list for a while. I love the flow, and I feel like the names go perfectly together (10/10)
    Nell: I am in love with Nell, I can picture it on a baby as well as an adult, and I think that even though it has history as a nickname it can stand on it's own perfectly well (10/10)
    Cordelia: I love the sound of Cordelia, the nn Delia or Lia put me off a little, but I still love the sound of it (9/10)

Romy Anneliese: I'm not entirely sure that these names go in style, they feel a little off to me. The flow is great though (6/10)
    Romy: I adore Romy as a nickname, but I don't know how I feel about it as a full name, I'm not sure it can stand on it's own (7/10)
    Anneliese: I love this name, I adore the nns Annie and Liesel. I think it sounds trendy in style while not being overly popular (10/10)

Tess Vivienne: I like the flow of this combo, the shorter first name and longer middle name is something that I think works really well (8/10)
    Tess: I do prefer Tessa over Tess, but I do think it's cute. Not sure that I can see just Tess as a full name, but I don't like any of the longer names for it either (6/10)
    Vivienne: Adore Vivienne, although I actually prefer Vivian over it at the moment. Love the nn Vivi, and I like the sort of French feel it gives off (8/10)

Hettie Juliet: I feel like the 'et' sounds in Hettie and Juliet clash a little. Heather Juliet with the nn Hettie would be gorgeous (5/10)
    Hettie: I do prefer this as a nn for Heather, but it's cute on it's own as well. Not sure it stands well on it's own though (6/10)
    Juliet: I love the literary connection this name has, and the nns Julie and Etta are so cute (8/10)

Hope you like my ratings! I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just being completely honest with my thoughts, so I apologise if I offended you accidentally.
    Name loving BritBerry

Esmeralda | Marceline | Enid | Rosalind | Floralba
    Evander | Atlas | Cassius | Lorcan

Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting Catherine "Cate" Ophelia in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity