Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Top Five

Top Five

Okay, so I fell out of love with most of my favorite names. So I created a top five, these are the names I can see myself using. What do you think of them?

Alice Lorraine - Alice means "noble" & Lorraine means "kingdom of Lothar"
    Harriet Catherine - Harriet means "home ruler" & Catherine means "each of the two"
    June Christine/Lori - June means "youth" & Christine means "A Christian"///Lori means "laurel"
    Florence Clarisa - Florence means "prosperous, flowering" & Clarisa means "clear, bright and famous"
    Eurydice Ann - Eurydice means "wide justice" & Ann means "favor"

Bonus: Which name sounds better with June? Christine or Lori?

**Alice, Lorraine, Catherine, Christine, Lori, Clarisa (clah-riss-ah), Ann are all FAMILY NAMES. No varients like Anne, Anna, Katherine, Christina, Clarissa will be used.**
    Last edited by babynameaholic; July 6th, 2014 at 12:39 PM.
    [CENTER]My Little Misses :: Lorraine Alice "Lori" ~ Rosemary Christine "Romy"
    His Little Misses :: Lorraine ~ Patricia

My Little Gents :: David Walter ~ Aubrey Mark ~ Warren Keith ~ Maverick Jon "Mav" ~ Gideon Robert
    His Little Gents :: David Walter ~ Jack ~ Apollo

Reborn mommy to Lorraine Victoria; 10.18.14

Alice Lorraine - I like Alice, although I've only actually known one person named Alice (and she was a toddler) so it feels more like a character name to me, not that that's a bad thing. I've never been a big fan of Lorraine; the sound just doesn't thrill me. I like the two together though; the repeating L's give it a good flow. It's also similar in sound to Alsace-Lorraine, which is kind of cool.

Harriet Catherine - I like both of these names fine, and they sound good together.

June Christine/Lori - I love June. Not thrilled by Christine, I think just because it was pretty popular for a while so it just doesn't feel new to me. However, I do think it goes better with June than Lori, because they're both so short. Not super thrilled with either middle though, somehow they just doesn't seem to flow.

Florence Clarisa - I really like Florence, and love the nickname Flora. Clarisa is okay, although I knew someone I didn't like in high school named Clarissa so that's probably influencing my opinion. I love Claire, and I actually think that Florence Claire might be good because there's more variation in length between the first and middle.

Eurydice Ann - I'm not completely sure how to pronounce Eurydice (just looked it up, and I was completely off track; I'm terrible with Greek names). I also feel like the two names don't quite go together -- Euridyce is so unique and Ann is so well-known and no-frills. Maybe Eurydice June? I feel like a girl with this name would have a hard time, at least in my neck of the woods, just due to pronunciation questions.

Of your first names my favorite is June, with Florence a close second. My favorite combination is probably Alice Lorraine.

Quote Originally Posted by babynameaholic View Post
    Okay, so I fell out of love with most of my favorite names. So I created a top five, these are the names I can see myself using. What do you think of them?

Alice Lorraine - Alice means "noble" & Lorraine means "kingdom of Lothar"
    Harriet Catherine - Harriet means "home ruler" & Catherine means "each of the two"
    June Christine/Lori - June means "youth" & Christine means "A Christian"///Lori means "laurel"
    Florence Clarisa - Florence means "prosperous, flowering" & Clarisa means "clear, bright and famous"
    Eurydice Ann - Eurydice means "wide justice" & Ann means "favor"

Bonus: Which name sounds better with June? Christine or Lori?
    Hmm...
    Alice Lorraine - Alice is a lovely majestic choice, with a wholesome sound. Alice is so delicate. Lorraine isn't completely my style but I think teamed in the middle name slot with Alice it's so grown up and classic. Alice Lorraine is a strong, feminine combination that works effortlessly.

Harriet Catherine - Harriet has a cool upper class Brit sound. She's feminine and classy with a lovely effortless vibe. Catherine in the middle name slot with Harriet sounds beautiful. It's so regal.

June Christine/Lori - Christine is a million times prettier than Lori. I do prefer Christina. I think the 'a' jazzes up Christine and adds a bit of fire. I prefer June Christina. But if it's just between Lori and Christine, Christine is far prettier and sounds fine with June.

Florence Clarisa - Florence is gorgeous she has so many lovely associations with the Italian city and the historical connotations off Florence Nightingale. Clarisa is a spunky Christmas sounding choice but prefer Clarissa spelling wise. Florence Clarissa is delightful.

Eurydice Ann - Sorry to burst the bubble but I really dislike Eurydice it's just not my style. But Ann is a lovely classic.

: )

Alice Lorraine - I like both names but I'm hearing repetitive l's so it's not perfect (but close enough ).

Harriet Catherine - These two names are well-matched and sound good together. However, I believe the name Catherine means "pure" not "each of the two".

June Christine - a little bland but they flow well together

Florence Clarisa - A little lispy with the "s" sounds but I do like both names.

Eurydice Ann - this is an unusual pairing. A mix of otherworldly and the traditional. I like the way it looks and sounds together.
    All the best,
    Mischa.