Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Top Five

Top Five

Okay, so I fell out of love with most of my favorite names. So I created a top five, these are the names I can see myself using. What do you think of them?

Alice Lorraine - Alice means "noble" & Lorraine means "kingdom of Lothar"
    Harriet Catherine - Harriet means "home ruler" & Catherine means "each of the two"
    June Christine/Lori - June means "youth" & Christine means "A Christian"///Lori means "laurel"
    Florence Clarisa - Florence means "prosperous, flowering" & Clarisa means "clear, bright and famous"
    Eurydice Ann - Eurydice means "wide justice" & Ann means "favor"

Bonus: Which name sounds better with June? Christine or Lori?

**Alice, Lorraine, Catherine, Christine, Lori, Clarisa (clah-riss-ah), Ann are all FAMILY NAMES. No varients like Anne, Anna, Katherine, Christina, Clarissa will be used.**
    Last edited by babynameaholic; July 6th, 2014 at 12:39 PM.
    “There are women named Faith, Hope, Joy, and Prudence. Why not Despair, Guilt, Rage, and Grief? It seems only right. 'Tom, I'd like you to meet the girl of my dreams, Tragedy.' These days, Trajedi.” - George Carlin

Little Miss :: Lorraine Alice "Lori" ~ Catherine ? ~ Florence Clarisa "Flo"

Little Gents :: David Walter ~ Aubrey Mark ~ Warren Keith

ღ Current crushes : Calvin & Samara ღ

Alice Lorraine - I like Alice, although I've only actually known one person named Alice (and she was a toddler) so it feels more like a character name to me, not that that's a bad thing. I've never been a big fan of Lorraine; the sound just doesn't thrill me. I like the two together though; the repeating L's give it a good flow. It's also similar in sound to Alsace-Lorraine, which is kind of cool.

Harriet Catherine - I like both of these names fine, and they sound good together.

June Christine/Lori - I love June. Not thrilled by Christine, I think just because it was pretty popular for a while so it just doesn't feel new to me. However, I do think it goes better with June than Lori, because they're both so short. Not super thrilled with either middle though, somehow they just doesn't seem to flow.

Florence Clarisa - I really like Florence, and love the nickname Flora. Clarisa is okay, although I knew someone I didn't like in high school named Clarissa so that's probably influencing my opinion. I love Claire, and I actually think that Florence Claire might be good because there's more variation in length between the first and middle.

Eurydice Ann - I'm not completely sure how to pronounce Eurydice (just looked it up, and I was completely off track; I'm terrible with Greek names). I also feel like the two names don't quite go together -- Euridyce is so unique and Ann is so well-known and no-frills. Maybe Eurydice June? I feel like a girl with this name would have a hard time, at least in my neck of the woods, just due to pronunciation questions.

Of your first names my favorite is June, with Florence a close second. My favorite combination is probably Alice Lorraine.

Quote Originally Posted by babynameaholic View Post
    Okay, so I fell out of love with most of my favorite names. So I created a top five, these are the names I can see myself using. What do you think of them?

Alice Lorraine - Alice means "noble" & Lorraine means "kingdom of Lothar"
    Harriet Catherine - Harriet means "home ruler" & Catherine means "each of the two"
    June Christine/Lori - June means "youth" & Christine means "A Christian"///Lori means "laurel"
    Florence Clarisa - Florence means "prosperous, flowering" & Clarisa means "clear, bright and famous"
    Eurydice Ann - Eurydice means "wide justice" & Ann means "favor"

Bonus: Which name sounds better with June? Christine or Lori?
    Hmm...
    Alice Lorraine - Alice is a lovely majestic choice, with a wholesome sound. Alice is so delicate. Lorraine isn't completely my style but I think teamed in the middle name slot with Alice it's so grown up and classic. Alice Lorraine is a strong, feminine combination that works effortlessly.

Harriet Catherine - Harriet has a cool upper class Brit sound. She's feminine and classy with a lovely effortless vibe. Catherine in the middle name slot with Harriet sounds beautiful. It's so regal.

June Christine/Lori - Christine is a million times prettier than Lori. I do prefer Christina. I think the 'a' jazzes up Christine and adds a bit of fire. I prefer June Christina. But if it's just between Lori and Christine, Christine is far prettier and sounds fine with June.

Florence Clarisa - Florence is gorgeous she has so many lovely associations with the Italian city and the historical connotations off Florence Nightingale. Clarisa is a spunky Christmas sounding choice but prefer Clarissa spelling wise. Florence Clarissa is delightful.

Eurydice Ann - Sorry to burst the bubble but I really dislike Eurydice it's just not my style. But Ann is a lovely classic.

: )

Alice Lorraine - I like both names but I'm hearing repetitive l's so it's not perfect (but close enough ).

Harriet Catherine - These two names are well-matched and sound good together. However, I believe the name Catherine means "pure" not "each of the two".

June Christine - a little bland but they flow well together

Florence Clarisa - A little lispy with the "s" sounds but I do like both names.

Eurydice Ann - this is an unusual pairing. A mix of otherworldly and the traditional. I like the way it looks and sounds together.
    All the best,
    Mischa.