Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Let's Dissect Arianne!

And moving on to name number two.

I really only have two questions here--Arianne Eleanor Kate, or Arianne Eleanor Daisy? I've been at an impasse for close to a year now, and I just want a combo sorted! Both second middles honor my mom, so it really doesn't matter, in regard to honoring. I have a pretty equal list of pros and cons for each, so I'm hoping some general opinions on the combos will help me decide.

Also, does anyone see too much Sense and Sensibility in Arianne Eleanor? It took me forever to see it, so I'm not terribly worried, but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone else would pick up on it. (I'm not sure I'd be bothered, even if people did--I'm a big Jane Austen fan!)

Thanks, ladies!

Anyone?

Though I generally prefer Daisy to Kate I think Arianne Eleanor Kate flows best.

I'm really not sure,but I think it depends on how you're saying it. Is it Are-ee-ahn? Air-ee-ahn? Are-ee-anne? Air-ee-anne? Depending on the pronunciation;

Are-ee-ahn - Arianne Eleanor Kate
    Air-ee-ahn - Arianne Eleanor Kate
    Are-ee-anne - Arianne Eleanor Daisy
    Air-ee-anne - Arianne Eleanor Kate.

So it looks like Kate wins out, unless you are saying it as Are-ee-anne.

It's definitely not obvious about the Jane Austen thing - so I wouldn't worry about that.

Haley, I say AIR-ee-anne, but if I switched to anything else, it'd be are-ee-anne. And really? One doesn't really sound better than the other to me--both Kate and Daisy have long "A" sounds...