Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I kind of agree with rkrd, Georgiana (Georgina) and Annabeth (Ann) honour family members, but I love those names anyway, and for different reasons so it's more coincidental. Those are pretty much all the variations on family names I like.
    Wholock | Historian | Biochemist | Single Pringle | Teenberry (17)😏
    Want to be a mummy in the future. Dreaming of...
    Caspian Sherlock Walter, Phoenix Arthur Blaise, Ptolemy Alexander Hamish, Horatio Albert Louis ✦
    Mister Men

Pandora, Demelza, Evanthe, & I'm still stuck... Beatrix? Adelise? Margaux? ✦
    Little Misses

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

Kazue (nn Kay)- maiden name (Kato), Bodhi (my nan was a devout Buddhist, and passed on many teachings to me, so Bodhi has special significance), Fay, Nanetta (I called her Nana), Agnes, Inez / Ines, Catherine, Kitty, Vesta, Zakia.

Charles (mn Peter, went solely by Peter)- Petra, Lotte (as in Charlotte), Charlie, Frankie, Francesca, Francisco, Francisca, Seneca, Piero.

Janet / Jeanette (not actually sure how she spells it. That's pretty bad, isn't it?)- Nettie, Jean, Johanna.

Thomas- Thomasina (also the title of the first book he gave me), Romelo, Kato (also honouring Nana), Linnea, Gemini, Okello, Remus.
    Mary Valentine, Bessie Prairie, Frances Dove, Pascoe O'Brian, Yuki Camellia, Vesper Opal, Fern Vinnie, Teddy Susanna, Faye Francesca, Shalom Galilee, Dossie Opal.

Morris Noble, Abraham Lou, Enzo Raphael, Obadiah Dove, Clancy Lazarus, Murphy Jericho, Lemuel Jethro, Zebedee Shalom, Pascoe Anders, Barnaby O'Brian, Francis Gardener.

My grandmother's name is a Japanese name meaning spring child (Haruko), and I would honor her by using Aviva which means spring.
    Expecting #1 December 2015

Little Ladies: Willow, Lily, Everly, Freya, Aria, Isla, Ruby

Little Men: Hunter, Maverick, Rowan, Griffin, Cole, Everett

I intend on using the actual names, but another nice idea would be to use a concept or figure important to your honoree. For instance, my grandmother admires Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt on a really deep level. If I were to use Franklin or Eleanor, I would be honoring her as well as the actual namesake. My great-grandfather grew orchids in a greenhouse as a hobby, and actually bred a new species, and my uncle named his boat the Orchid after that. (Not a child, but still.)
    Julia Catherine

wordsmith~historian~activist~singer~dancer
    lifelong name nerd~future mother

Mary|Catherine {Cat/Catlin}|Rose
    Eulalia, Louise, Anna, Jane, Fern, Aoife, Charlotte, Hope, Grace

Joseph {Joe/Joey}|Francis {Frankie}|Alexander {Sasha}
    Nathan, David, Luke, Robert, Samuel, Daniel, James, August, Eliot, Erik, Paul, Leon, Felix

long | lists