Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I kind of agree with rkrd, Georgiana (Georgina) and Annabeth (Ann) honour family members, but I love those names anyway, and for different reasons so it's more coincidental. Those are pretty much all the variations on family names I like.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ♥ Pandora Valencia Fae ♥ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ♥
    Little Misses
    ♡ Caspian Sherlock Walter ♡ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ♡
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    Mycroft Holmes | Sherlock (BBC) | His Last Vow

Kazue (nn Kay)- maiden name (Kato), Bodhi (my nan was a devout Buddhist, and passed on many teachings to me, so Bodhi has special significance), Fay, Nanetta (I called her Nana), Agnes, Inez / Ines, Catherine, Kitty, Vesta, Zakia.

Charles (mn Peter, went solely by Peter)- Petra, Lotte (as in Charlotte), Charlie, Frankie, Francesca, Francisco, Francisca, Seneca, Piero.

Janet / Jeanette (not actually sure how she spells it. That's pretty bad, isn't it?)- Nettie, Jean, Johanna.

Thomas- Thomasina (also the title of the first book he gave me), Romelo, Kato (also honouring Nana), Linnea, Gemini, Okello, Remus.
    Girls:Vesper Novella Pearl, Elke Esmeralda Snow, Nanetta Yuki Florence, Rowena Fern, Artemis Opal Owl, Cappi Theodora Sun, Dagny Petra, Oona Owl, Mary Max, Frances Henriette, Theodora Happy, Edwige Garnet, Flora Clemency, Alberta Benilde, Lolly Agnes, Bunny Maude, Ginger?, Lumi Faye, Dossie Moe.

Boys:Roland Basil, Magnus Owl, Linus Robert, Frodi Lou, Obi Prosper, Enzo Noble, Cello Floyd, Dougal Morris, Horatio Albert, Grover Bruno, Hubert Walter, Rufus Rex, John Absalom, Joe Lazarus Bard.

My grandmother's name is a Japanese name meaning spring child (Haruko), and I would honor her by using Aviva which means spring.
    TTC #1 soon

Little Ladies: Willow*, Lily*, Rosalie, Freya, Mira, Everly, Orla, Aviva

Little Men: Hunter*, Maverick*, Griffin, Cole, Rowan, Wesley, Oakley, Jethro, Otto

*=Husband Approved

I intend on using the actual names, but another nice idea would be to use a concept or figure important to your honoree. For instance, my grandmother admires Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt on a really deep level. If I were to use Franklin or Eleanor, I would be honoring her as well as the actual namesake. My great-grandfather grew orchids in a greenhouse as a hobby, and actually bred a new species, and my uncle named his boat the Orchid after that. (Not a child, but still.)
    Julia. Teenage lifelong name nerd and future mother

Nathan, Robert, David, Eli/Eliot, Samuel (Sam), James (Jamie), Erik, Rowan, Theodore (Teddy/Ted), Avery, Hector, Benjamin, Luke, Joseph (Joey/Joe)

Eulalia (Loula/Lou), Mary, Catherine (Catlin/Cat), Fern, Honor, Louise, Olivia, Anna/Anne, Joanna, Jane, Laura, Rose, Aoife, Charlotte, Elaine

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain--Vivian Greene