Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Florence vs Evelyn?

Which one do you like better and why?

I love both, so it could go either way. I suppose right now I'd choose Florence, just because Evelyn's a bit more likely to have different pronunciations. I love it with a short E at the beginning (like egg), but others might say it with a long ee, like Eve. But that's probably the only reason. Slightly off topic, but I've just realised Florence Evelyn and Evelyn Florence would make great combos.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ♥ Pandora Valencia Fae ♥ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ♥
    Little Misses
    ♡ Caspian Sherlock Walter ♡ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ♡
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    Mycroft Holmes | Sherlock (BBC) | His Last Vow

Florence. It's a family name for me, so it makes it special.
    Evelyn, I used to love. If you asked me this question about a year ago, I would of chose Evelyn
    “There are women named Faith, Hope, Joy, and Prudence. Why not Despair, Guilt, Rage, and Grief? It seems only right. 'Tom, I'd like you to meet the girl of my dreams, Tragedy.' These days, Trajedi.” - George Carlin

Little Miss :: Lorraine Alice "Lori" ~ Harriet Catherine ~ Florence Clarisa "Flo"

Little Gents :: David Walter ~ Aubrey Mark ~ Warren Keith

Both are family names for me, but I have always loved Florence. Florence is one of my top names, and I love everything about it! The name is so gentle, soft and feminine. And as an art buff I love the city Florence. It's just a gorgeous name, and has the sweetest nicknames too.
    ~ Married ~ Planning TTC Late 2014 ~

Austen Theodore|Elliott Hezekiah

Charlotte Evangeline|Matilda Florence|Adelaide Elizabeth

Florence. Because I know way too many Evelyn.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias