Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Honesty

Honesty

1) Aubrey on a boy, thoughts?
    2) How would you react to meeting a boy Aubrey?
    3) Would you pick on him because of his name? Be honest.
    4) What can you see a male Aubrey doing as a profession?
    5) Say you wanted to use Aubrey on your son, how would your parents/family/friends react? Would you care?

This is one of my most favorite names, maybe even my favorite. I think if I ever got the chance to have a baby and name it whatever I want, I would choose Aubrey. I can not see it on a girl. Even though I know an Aubreigh. Aubrey seems ALL masculine to me. I love the names that were "originally a boy names and got taken over by a girl" type style - including Bailey, Madison, Aubrey, Loren, Cassidy, Mackenzie, Shelby, Vivian ect.
    My Little Misses :: Lorraine Alice "Lori" ~ Rosemary Christine "Romy"
    His Little Misses :: Lorraine ~ Patricia

My Little Gents :: David Walter ~ Aubrey Mark ~ Warren Keith ~ Maverick Jon "Mav" ~ Gideon Robert
    His Little Gents :: David Walter ~ Jack ~ Apollo

Visit my blog: www.babynameseveryday.blogspot.com

I actually have a second cousin named Aubrey-he is about sixteen, and I like the name on him but I feel like the name has a fairly feminine feel on the whole, which is not necessarily a bad thing..it just has to be on the right individual. If the parents and the kid can own the name, then go for it!

1) Aubrey on a boy, thoughts? I like it- soft and gentle, yet perfectly wearable.
    2) How would you react to meeting a boy Aubrey? - I would be quite excited.
    3) Would you pick on him because of his name? Be honest. - No, but Aubrey is not a common name in Australia (I have never met or heard of an Aubrey, boy or girl), so it might have a different image to what it would have in the UK or US.
    4) What can you see a male Aubrey doing as a profession? - I can see Aubrey doing anything: artist, musician, doctor, scientist, chef, shop owner, car dealer, banker, etc.
    5) Say you wanted to use Aubrey on your son, how would your parents/family/friends react? Would you care?
    My parents would probably like / love it (we all love the song Aubrey, by Bread), as they love the names Auden and August. Some of my extended family would hate it, but they don't like any names beyond extremely common, traditional, mostly dated names (they think Olivia, Eden and Sophie are exotic and out there). Some of them would really like it though. My friends would probably like it, but some of them wouldn't.
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712

1) Aubrey on a boy, thoughts? I like it- soft and gentle, yet perfectly wearable.

2) How would you react to meeting a boy Aubrey? - I would be quite excited.

3) Would you pick on him because of his name? Be honest. - No, but Aubrey is not a common name in Australia (I have never met or heard of an Aubrey, boy or girl), so it might have a different image to what it would have in the UK or US.

4) What can you see a male Aubrey doing as a profession? - I can see Aubrey doing anything: artist, musician, doctor, scientist, chef, shop owner, car dealer, banker, etc.

My parents would probably like / love it (we all love the song Aubrey, by Bread), as they love the names Auden and August. Some of my extended family would hate it, but they don't like any names beyond extremely common, traditional, mostly dated names (they think Olivia, Eden and Sophie are exotic and out there). Some of them would really like it though. My friends would probably like it, but some of them wouldn't- you can't please everyone. I really don't care what anyone else says, unless it is pointing out something negative and obvious, like it rhyming with a particular word, etc.
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712

I can't really fathom it on a guy. Cool if the guy chooses it for himself, but I wouldn't saddle a baby boy with such a feminine name.