Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A little belated...

On June 17th my girls Scarlett Allison and Estelle Ophelia decided they had had enough of mamma's tummy and came early at 32 weeks. (It's been a rough couple weeks, but they are in blessedly good health.)

I had always wanted to name a girl Scarlett, but my husband was "eh" on it. He confessed he had always thought his first girl would be named Carly...which I kinda hated. Then some research turned up that Carly is a nn for Scarlett, and we figured it was meant to be.

Then we found out we were having two... It took months to decide on Estelle's name.

It was important to both of us that the girl's names were very individual, but I wanted something more somber to balance Scarlett. Eventually Estelle seemed perfect...elegant and classy, with a beautiful meaning and lovely nn options.

The DH chose Allison for Scarlett's mn. I have no idea where he got it from. One day he came to me with stars in his eyes and asked "What about Allison, doesn't that sound perfect?" and that was it.

And after much waffling, I went with my favorite "guilty pleasure" name, Ophelia, for Estelle. I love the way the names sound together, and I've always loved the big, romantic, slightly tragic names. If she grows up to hate it, at least she won't have to ever use it. But it's my secret hope that as she grows up it will make her feel a little exotic and special.

Only time will tell, I guess.

Congratulations to your precious bundles! I'm glad to hear they are doing well, and they have wonderful names. Good luck with your girls
    Name obsessed, simple as that. I especially love classic, vintage, modern, biblical, french & floral names.
    Girls:
    Poppy Celeste*Edith Willow*Margot Cecilia*Audrey Elisabeth*Charlotte Mary*Matilda June*Iris Margareta*
    Beatrice Jane*Vivienne Claire*Ruby Caroline*Imogen Sylvia*Phoebe Rose*Stella Marguerite*Amalia Grace*
    Olivia Katherine*Vera Augusta
    Boys:
    James Henry*Owen Nicholas*Caleb James*Isaiah Paul*William August*Alexander John*Gabriel Andrew*
    Adam Fredrik*

Congratulations! Your twins' names are beautiful.
    teenberry . names . royals . history . divergent . photography

adelina sophia ♕ magdalena élisabeth ♕ isla aveline ♕ athénaïs lenore ♕ beatrice adeline
    leo xavier ♕ alexander george ♕ thomas archie ♕ harry lysander ♕ cornelius laszlo

i have given my lists of girls and boys names a clean up!

crushes: ada . vita . margot . melita . jonah . albert . peregrine
    gp crushes: leopoldine. appoline . ileana . zosia "zsa zsa" . evangelos. tassilo . claudius

Scarlett and Estelle are pretty together, enjoy your twins!

Considering:
    Jane✨Fiona✨Thea✨Alice✨Evangeline✨Bridget ✨Gwyneth
    Oren✨Lars✨Bram✨Griffin✨Jude✨Nolan✨Kier an✨Otis

Congrats to you on the safe arrival of your twin girls Scarlett Allison and Estelle Ophelia. I like the subtle connection of the double letters in the names.
    All the best,
    Mischa.