Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I FINALLY found a feminine version of Finn!

I love the boys' name Finn, but I had trouble coming up with any girl forms besides Fiona [which is great, but not quite what I was looking for]. Now I have one: Ffion. Pronounced FEE-un or FEE-on, it's Welsh, it apparently means "foxglove". WDYT?
    Mary, Ophelia, Lily, Genevieve, Elsa, Agatha, Gwyneth, Blanche, Kate, Florence, Nessie, Dylan, Dee
    Finn, Cove, Augustus, Alfie, Todd, Harry, Dylan, Jericho, Alistair, Melchior, Wesley

Yes, I like Dylan on boys and girls....don't judge me.

I love names that are "outside the box" but I'm not a big fan of Ffion. I just think people would have a hard time pronouncing it. My daughter is Dara...just like Sara but with a D. People never get her name right and it makes her so mad! How about Fia, or even Finlee? I love boy names for girls.

I like Fia, but I have Kia and Sia on my list, so I'm trying to stay away from it.
    Mary, Ophelia, Lily, Genevieve, Elsa, Agatha, Gwyneth, Blanche, Kate, Florence, Nessie, Dylan, Dee
    Finn, Cove, Augustus, Alfie, Todd, Harry, Dylan, Jericho, Alistair, Melchior, Wesley

Yes, I like Dylan on boys and girls....don't judge me.

Meh. I like the meaning, and I want to like Ffion, since I'm part Welsh, but I just can't get into it. The sound isn't terribly appealing to me. Though probably COMPLETELY unusable, I came across Fionnabhair (I think I'm spelling it right!), pronounced FINN-ah-vare. I think it sounds so lyrical and beautiful!

What about Finna? I remember seeing it as a middle name on someone's list (as a middle, I think). I remember her saying it was an Icelandic word for something, and I remember liking the word, but I don't remember what it was (traveler, maybe?). I think it could make a cool name for a girl, even though I'm generally not a big proponent of taking random words in other languages and using them as a name (although I do think the French verb, améliore(r), would make a great girls' name!).

Out of curiosity, if Finn is one of your top names for boys, why are you looking for a feminine variant, too? Finn and Ffion obviously aren't usable together...

People won't spell or say it right. Go with finley for finlee in my opinion. Fiona is cute