Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a time capsule thread? / Start now or end of the year?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 76.92%
  • No

1 3.85%
  • Start now

13 50.00%
  • End of the year

6 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A Time Capsule Thread? ETA:New Question!

A couple days ago I was trying to think of something fresh for Nameberry to participate in and a time capsule thread came to mind. Would anyone be interested in a thread where you leave your top ten names/combinations, a message to yourself and where you hope to see yourself in a year(children, job, school, etc...)? Any suggestions on what else to leave in it? Would you rather start now or at the end of the year?

ETA: New question in post #33.
    Last edited by ikfly; July 10th, 2014 at 12:09 AM.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

What a great idea! I'm all for it. I don't really care, honestly. At the end of the year or right now would work, either way. When would we "open" it back up? In one year's time?

I'd do it! :-) What about everyone sending in their top 10 for each gender, and their top 10 GPs? I think I'd like to start it now, I'm anxious
    Girls: Doris ❀ Amelia ❀ Freya ❀ Martha ❀ Violet ❀ Lauren ❀ Mabel ❀ Lillian ❀ Minnie ❀ Honey ❀ Emily
    Amelie ❀ Daisy ❀ Florence ❀ Imogen ❀ Edna ❀ Eleanor ❀ Eva ❀ Evelyn ❀ Clara

Boys: Matthew ✿ Louis ✿ Ernest ✿ Christopher ✿ Barclay ✿ Adam ✿ Andrew
    Charlie ✿ Harrison ✿ Daniel ✿ Joshua ✿ James ✿ Thomas ✿ Henry

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

Yep! This sounds so fun! Great to look back on later to see how much our tastes have changed!

Ooh yey! Sounds super fun.

But I don't know how much my taste will change in just a year (I've been on NB for almost 4 years and I look back on old threads and still entirely agree on my own, old, opinions!) maybe a couple of years is too much though?

Anyway; it's probably a MUCH bigger project but a physical time capsule would be cool too... maybe everyone submits ONE name or combo, then somebody in every country (or city I guess) prints it and buries it, or just leaves it, in a public or private place? Ha, maybe that's crazy! Taking anything from Nameberry and producing it in the physical world feels weird to me :P

But yeah cool idea; I don't really have a preference as to when. I better get started on my list though!
    olivia, seventeen, obsessively maternal.

★ close to my heart / future darlings; ★
    Estella - Oona - Margaret - Imogen - Billie - Eilidh - Jemima
    Emmett - Eoghan - Wilf - Alec - Nicholas - William - Hugh