Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a time capsule thread? / Start now or end of the year?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 76.92%
  • No

1 3.85%
  • Start now

13 50.00%
  • End of the year

6 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A Time Capsule Thread? ETA:New Question!

A couple days ago I was trying to think of something fresh for Nameberry to participate in and a time capsule thread came to mind. Would anyone be interested in a thread where you leave your top ten names/combinations, a message to yourself and where you hope to see yourself in a year(children, job, school, etc...)? Any suggestions on what else to leave in it? Would you rather start now or at the end of the year?

ETA: New question in post #33.
    Last edited by ikfly; July 10th, 2014 at 12:09 AM.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

What a great idea! I'm all for it. I don't really care, honestly. At the end of the year or right now would work, either way. When would we "open" it back up? In one year's time?

I'd do it! :-) What about everyone sending in their top 10 for each gender, and their top 10 GPs? I think I'd like to start it now, I'm anxious
    "But while some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled, but miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves, what a concept"

Yep! This sounds so fun! Great to look back on later to see how much our tastes have changed!

Hazel
    eumoirous

Walter & Rosalie

Anna | Astrid | Edith | Evangeline | Greta | Gwendolen | Jane | Ophelia | Poppy | Victoria
    Augustus | Cassian | Christian | Donovan | Edmund | Elliot | Julian | Theodore | Vincent

Ooh yey! Sounds super fun.

But I don't know how much my taste will change in just a year (I've been on NB for almost 4 years and I look back on old threads and still entirely agree on my own, old, opinions!) maybe a couple of years is too much though?

Anyway; it's probably a MUCH bigger project but a physical time capsule would be cool too... maybe everyone submits ONE name or combo, then somebody in every country (or city I guess) prints it and buries it, or just leaves it, in a public or private place? Ha, maybe that's crazy! Taking anything from Nameberry and producing it in the physical world feels weird to me :P

But yeah cool idea; I don't really have a preference as to when. I better get started on my list though!
    close to my heart
    Rufus - Alec - Emmett - Wes
    Billie - Estella - Jemima - Eilidh

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)