Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    For the most part, I wouldn't mind meeting a little girl with any of these names. I dislike Billie, Birdie, Ethel, Agatha and Bessie, so I would feel a bit sorry for a girl with those names. I don't mean to offend anyone who has those names or likes them, but they are too old fashioned or animal names for me.
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeleine Hope, Linnea Ruby, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara ?, Fiona Violet, Bridget Amelia, Lydia Charlotte Eden Elizabeth, Eliza ?, Evelyn ?

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Drew, Evan Robert, Joel ?, Quinn ?, Dawson Cole, Griffin Miles, Judah Nathaniel, Greyson Jeremiah, Roman Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by oliviasarah View Post
    Doris - as above (thought you hated this though?)
    I had a change of heart with Doris once I saw pictures of a few little girls with the name I've now actually really grown to love it.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone
    "But while some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled, but miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves, what a concept"

Love: Olive, Miriam, Hermione, Minnie, Cecily, Agatha, Dora, Ethel, Vivian, Doris, Sylvia and Birdie

Like: Marigold, Delia, Effie, Ottilie, Vera, Hattie, Ophelia, Mabel, Lottie

Neutral: Edie, Marnie, Marie, Dulcie, Essie and Lucille

Dislike: Betsy, Polly, Billie, Nellie, Lavinia, Bessie, and Nettie

I also suggest, since you like the name Birdie - try Cricket. I think that would be a really cool name or middle name!
    My Little Misses :: Lorraine Alice "Lori"
    His Little Misses :: Under Construction

My Little Gents :: David Walter ~ Aubrey Mark ~ Warren Keith ~ Maverick Jon "Mav" ~ Gideon Robert
    His Little Gents :: David Walter ~ Jack ~ Apollo

Visit my blog: www.babynameseveryday.blogspot.com

I don't think any of these are so "out there" that they'd get universal bad reactions. Most of the names you have listed are ones that I'm actually quite fond of. There are a few that I would have a less than positive response to though...

Lottie, Betsy, Hattie, Minnie, Billie, Nellie, Essie, Ethel, Nettie, Birdie - I prefer all of these as nicknames rather than full names. They just look incomplete to me as stand alone names.

Polly, Mabel, Effie, Dulcie, Lavinia, Bessie, Dora, Ethel, Doris, Lucille - If I came across a little girl with any of these names, I would honestly feel sorry for her. I find them to be generally unattractive names that bring to mind old ladies or in the case of Bessie, a cow.

Hermoine - I would straight up roll my eyes if I met a Hermoine. Way, way too Harry Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    I don't think any of these are so "out there" that they'd get universal bad reactions. Most of the names you have listed are ones that I'm actually quite fond of. There are a few that I would have a less than positive response to though...

Lottie, Betsy, Hattie, Minnie, Billie, Nellie, Essie, Ethel, Nettie, Birdie - I prefer all of these as nicknames rather than full names. They just look incomplete to me as stand alone names.

Polly, Mabel, Effie, Dulcie, Lavinia, Bessie, Dora, Ethel, Doris, Lucille - If I came across a little girl with any of these names, I would honestly feel sorry for her. I find them to be generally unattractive names that bring to mind old ladies or in the case of Bessie, a cow.

Hermoine - I would straight up roll my eyes if I met a Hermoine. Way, way too Harry Potter.
    The Harry Potter thing doesn't bother me in the slightest As a child, I looked up to the character, and actually wanted to change my name to Hermione Also, I think I'm ok with Mabel, my sister has a 14 year old friend with the name who loves it thank you!

@babynameaholic - thank you for the suggestion! I think Cricket's adorable, but I don't think I'd be brave enough to go for it. I'd definitely choose it for a nickname though
    "But while some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled, but miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves, what a concept"