Names Searched Right Now:

Questioning a Few Choices

In an attempt to be more Victorian in my naming tastes, there are some names I'm finding a bit questionable. I don't know if I like or dislike any of these yet, but I feel like maybe some feedback will help sway me.

*I love nicknames as first names, so being too cutesy doesn't phase me*

Marie
    Bessie
    Jennie
    Viola
    Dora
    Nettie
    Lucille
    Loretta
    Essie
    Nell
    Delia
    Vivian
    Claribel/Claribelle
    Charity

Thanks!

♂: Neville | Matthew | Ernest | Alfie | Louis | Christopher | Harry | James | Albert | Andrew

♀: Doris | Eleanor | Violet | Lillian | Florence | Martha | Minnie | Agatha | Freya |

Marie - I think this is stuck as a dated and dull middle name for the moment. Maybe Mara? Mireille? Mairi?
    Bessie - Lovely.
    Jennie - Eh, I think Ginny is prettier.
    Viola - lovely, I adore the Shakespeare connection, Twelfth Night is one of my favourites and Viola is a wonderful character
    Dora - I know a little Dora (her sister is Edie) and she's made me really love it. The Dora the Explorer thing never bothered her.
    Nettie - still a toilet to me. I'd use Henrietta more readily.
    Lucille - Love this, very 1950s film star to me which I love.
    Loretta - not my style but nice.
    Essie - Isn't that a petrol company or something?
    Nell - this is growing on me a lot recently. I still like Nigella and Fenella a lot as longer forms.
    Delia - this is 100% Delia Smith to me but I do like it. Much prettier than Dahlia imo.
    Vivian - Nice. I don't like Vivienne but Vivian is really quite cool... I also like the Cornish spelling Vyvyan but I think that's quite unusable.
    Claribel/Claribelle - don't really like this, but adore Christabel. I know a Clara who's dad called her Clarabelle when she was little which is cute.
    Charity - eh, there's nothing about this I like either. It's one of those very pressuring virtue names that I could never give to a human. Of course it's a wonderful trait but it's very intense as a name.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Bolded indicaties favouring, italicization indicates I strongly dislike it or I'd nix it.

Marie
    Bessie
    Jennie
    Viola
    Dora
    Nettie
    Lucille
    Loretta
    Essie
    Nell
    Delia
    Vivian
    Claribel/Claribelle
    Charity
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

@oliviasarah - you're thinking of Esso Essie is a nail polish company, owned and created by a woman named Essie I can't really use Ginny, as it's my aunty's name (Virginia nn Ginny), and I didn't know about the toilet connections, I don't think we use that term here, haha. I do love Christabel, thank you

@bibliophile - I am thinking about dropping Charity and Nell, not sure on Loretta though (although Loretta Lynn may not be the best connection).

Since there weren't any replies to this yet, the more I looked at it, the more I ended up deciding;

I think I'm keeping Marie, Bessie, Viola, Dora, Nettie, Lucille, Essie, Delia and Vivian I may change Vivian to Vivien like Vivien Leigh (even though she was born Vivian).

Thank you both!

♂: Neville | Matthew | Ernest | Alfie | Louis | Christopher | Harry | James | Albert | Andrew

♀: Doris | Eleanor | Violet | Lillian | Florence | Martha | Minnie | Agatha | Freya |