Names Searched Right Now:

Questioning a Few Choices

In an attempt to be more Victorian in my naming tastes, there are some names I'm finding a bit questionable. I don't know if I like or dislike any of these yet, but I feel like maybe some feedback will help sway me.

*I love nicknames as first names, so being too cutesy doesn't phase me*

Marie
    Bessie
    Jennie
    Viola
    Dora
    Nettie
    Lucille
    Loretta
    Essie
    Nell
    Delia
    Vivian
    Claribel/Claribelle
    Charity

Thanks!
    “poetry, beauty, romance, love - these are what we stay alive for.”

currently under construction

http://delighfullydoris.blogspot.ca/

Marie - I think this is stuck as a dated and dull middle name for the moment. Maybe Mara? Mireille? Mairi?
    Bessie - Lovely.
    Jennie - Eh, I think Ginny is prettier.
    Viola - lovely, I adore the Shakespeare connection, Twelfth Night is one of my favourites and Viola is a wonderful character
    Dora - I know a little Dora (her sister is Edie) and she's made me really love it. The Dora the Explorer thing never bothered her.
    Nettie - still a toilet to me. I'd use Henrietta more readily.
    Lucille - Love this, very 1950s film star to me which I love.
    Loretta - not my style but nice.
    Essie - Isn't that a petrol company or something?
    Nell - this is growing on me a lot recently. I still like Nigella and Fenella a lot as longer forms.
    Delia - this is 100% Delia Smith to me but I do like it. Much prettier than Dahlia imo.
    Vivian - Nice. I don't like Vivienne but Vivian is really quite cool... I also like the Cornish spelling Vyvyan but I think that's quite unusable.
    Claribel/Claribelle - don't really like this, but adore Christabel. I know a Clara who's dad called her Clarabelle when she was little which is cute.
    Charity - eh, there's nothing about this I like either. It's one of those very pressuring virtue names that I could never give to a human. Of course it's a wonderful trait but it's very intense as a name.
    close to my heart
    Rufus - Wes - Alec - Emmett - Wilfred
    Billie - Estella - Jemima - Eilidh

maybe; Maud, Effy/Euphemia, William and Eoghan
    olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma''. i feel as if i've been sixteen forever. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Bolded indicaties favouring, italicization indicates I strongly dislike it or I'd nix it.

Marie
    Bessie
    Jennie
    Viola
    Dora
    Nettie
    Lucille
    Loretta
    Essie
    Nell
    Delia
    Vivian
    Claribel/Claribelle
    Charity
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

@oliviasarah - you're thinking of Esso Essie is a nail polish company, owned and created by a woman named Essie I can't really use Ginny, as it's my aunty's name (Virginia nn Ginny), and I didn't know about the toilet connections, I don't think we use that term here, haha. I do love Christabel, thank you

@bibliophile - I am thinking about dropping Charity and Nell, not sure on Loretta though (although Loretta Lynn may not be the best connection).

Since there weren't any replies to this yet, the more I looked at it, the more I ended up deciding;

I think I'm keeping Marie, Bessie, Viola, Dora, Nettie, Lucille, Essie, Delia and Vivian I may change Vivian to Vivien like Vivien Leigh (even though she was born Vivian).

Thank you both!
    “poetry, beauty, romance, love - these are what we stay alive for.”

currently under construction

http://delighfullydoris.blogspot.ca/