Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Badger

Badger

The last time someone posted about using Badger for a boy was a few years ago. The overwhelming response from the female Berries was "no way" but the male Berries all said "yes, awesome." Now that Bear and Fox are standard and other animal names are gaining popularity, I was wondering if the tide has turned for Badger.

So yes or no to Badger?

I would say no, simply because in my area of the US there is a strong negative connotation for the word "badger." It can be used to mean something similar to "pester," "nag," etc.

I would struggle to hold back a mighty snort of laughter if I met a man named Badger.
    Emily, 18, Southeastern US.
    College student and avid name nerd.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

No. Just no. I wouldn't even be able to hold back the giggles if I met someone named Badger.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

Erm, I feel the same way about Wolf and Bear, but it's very try hard - in a 'i want everyone to see my son as strong and tough' sort of way. It's very forceful, and really, it seems ridiculous. Would YOU want your name to be Badger? People ask me that question about Minnie, Doris, etc, and honestly, I'd be fine with those as my name, but Badger? No thank you.
    “poetry, beauty, romance, love - these are what we stay alive for.”

currently under construction

http://delighfullydoris.blogspot.ca/