Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Southern Double Name

I currently have a young daughter named, Nora Raines. We just loved the name Nora and Raines is my mother-in-law's maiden name. I am from the deep south and love southern names, i.e. double names, second name having a masculine family name. While double names are very popular where I am from, having a masculine/family name following a feminine one is not. Long ago in the deep south is was normal to have a girl name: Mary Michael, etc.

With that said, I love Lucy Charles. Is this weird? She would go by Lucy Charles. Charles is my maternal grandfather's name and I want to honor him. If not this name, is there something you might suggest? I don't want super popular, sugary sweet names. I like the feminine/masculine combo. FYI, our last name starts with a "C" and is two syllables. Thanks berries!!

I also like:
    Edie
    Belle
    Gracie
    Caroline

Family Surnames available:
    Smith
    Williams
    Griffin
    Thompson
    (there is nothing to great)
    Last edited by bekchristie; July 2nd, 2014 at 06:18 PM.

I would think a surname would fit better as the MN - like Raines does. Are you open to naming her Charlie and then finding a MN option?

I don't like Lucy Charles either. Just Lucy is nice.

Our dog is named Charlie! Kind of a problem.

Maybe use Charlotte in a combo as an honor name for Charles? That being said, I don't mind masculine middle or second names once the first name is definitely feminine. So Lucy Charles is alright for me, as James seems to be a somewhat common middle name for girls.