Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Briggs?

Briggs?

Hey all! I really like the idea of calling a future son Briggs. It's the name of the street my childhood church was on. So as a minister, it means a lot to me. What do you think? I like the idea of Briggs being a nickname for a longer name. The only idea I have is Bridger, but I think it's a stretch. Do you have any ideas?

Love Briggs! I think it is fine as a stand alone name. No need to expand it.

Researching I found that Brigham would be a full name for it but not sure if Brigham Young would bother you or not (He is the Mormon leader)
    Last edited by cengel73; July 2nd, 2014 at 02:55 PM.

The only name I can think of besides Bridger is Brigham. Rigby might work but it's a stretch.

I can also only think of Bridger and Brigham. I wouldn't use Briggs as a stand alone... it makes me think of Myers-Briggs, and the place that military criminals are held.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Sorry but I don't think Briggs to have an attractive sound. Its harshness contains a heavy macho swagger that goes beyond my comfort level. I don't mind masculine names but I'd rather not be hit over the head with machismo. Even with the personal significance, you don't seem comfortable with Briggs as a standalone first name and are looking for a longer name. Perhaps that's an indication that it would be better in the middle spot.
    All the best,
    Mischa.