Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tips for a Book-Only Yard Sale?

I plan to sell all my books after I read them; I'm a fast reader, but there are 600 or more of them, so it'll be at least a year before this happens. Anyway, do you Berries have any tips for a book sale? Or a yard sale in general?
    I'm a teenberry, a Christian, and a bookworm.
    Finn*John "Johnkin"*Dean*Colin*Cove*Avery*Absalom*Sam*Ki rby
    Elsa "Elsie* Mireille*Wilhelmina*Xandra*Virginia*Charlie*Agnes* Saoirse*Alice*Euphrosyne.[/CENTER]

Maybe you can put all the different series together and create a sort of library thing....I would defiantly want to come to this, unless you live in NY or something because i live in LA...
    I'm Shi young reader, writer, actress, singer, and artist
    Girls: Phoenix Pryer, Crimson Juno, Indigo Ember, and Clarissa Fox
    Boys: Copper Sampson, Cobalt Uriah, Axis Indio, and Bishop Bane
    Um......I think that's it..

Is there a bookstore near you that buys used books? I'm not sure how successful a book-only yard sale would be, as the yard sale crowd tends to be composed primarily of crafters, thrifters, and resalers. If you do have the book sale, an artsy downtown area seems like the best place to do it. Maybe near a coffee shop or something?
    Last edited by southern.maple; July 2nd, 2014 at 01:37 PM.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

Definitely advertise in libraries, schools, near to bookshops etc. And try to organise them into categories to make it easier for customers etc. Maybe seel lemonade or cake or something to draw people in too!?

I donate most of my used books to charity shops, and the good quality ones I give to a brilliant secondhand bookshop near me which gives you store credit in exchange for old books as long as they're in good condition.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

If you can find a second hand book shop, that is usually the best place- they generally either pay you in cash or give you store credit in my experience. If not, put some ads in your local newspaper and / or surrounding areas a week or two before the sale. That way, you will get the right crowd coming to your sale (trust me, us bookworms flock to anything like that.). Lots of signage, notices at the shops, etc. are really helpful too.

Just make it very clear that it is books only, and spread the word around a few weeks before the actual sale. As one poster said, organising it into a library layout is helpful too. It can get a bit irritating trawling through boxes to try and find a gem. I enjoy Hope that helped.
    Girls:Vesper Novella Pearl, Elke Esmeralda Snow, Nanetta Yuki Florence, Rowena Fern, Artemis Opal Owl, Cappi Theodora Sun, Dagny Petra, Oona Owl, Mary Max, Frances Henriette, Theodora Happy, Edwige Garnet, Flora Clemency, Alberta Benilde, Lolly Agnes, Bunny Maude, Ginger?, Lumi Faye, Dossie Moe.

Boys:Roland Basil, Magnus Owl, Linus Robert, Frodi Lou, Obi Prosper, Enzo Noble, Cello Floyd, Dougal Morris, Horatio Albert, Grover Bruno, Hubert Walter, Rufus Rex, John Absalom, Joe Lazarus Bard.