Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Naming twins

Naming twins

Hi- we are expecting b/g twins any day and having a hard time with names. We already have two children. So not only do we want the twins names to sound right together but we want them to sound right with the sibling names also.

Our kids are
    Dylan
    Emily last name rhymes with mays

Right now we are thinking Caitlyn and Kyle for the twins- but are still just not sure. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!!

Congrats to you on your pregnancy and welcome to Nameberry. Firstly, naming twins isn't any different from naming individual children. Ideally, they should all have their own initials, endings and be complementary in style. I noticed you seem to favour y's in names even the point of misspelling the Irish Caitlin as Caitlyn. Do you want to continue this pattern for the twins and limit your name options? I also see that you prefer Celtic names especially for boys. Caitlin and Kyle are "dated" in my opinion and are too matchy for my taste. Caitlin and Dylan share the same "n" ending too. Here are some suggestions to demonstrate what I mean. I think any of them would make great additions to your family.

Miles and Fiona
    Connor & Bridget
    Reilly & Keira
    Rhys & Maeve
    Cormac & Isla
    Pierce & Clara
    Jack & Charlotte
    Luke & Grace
    Bennett & Nora
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Personally, I like Caitlyn, but I am partial since Caitlin is my middle name. Personal name stuff aside, I would try to go with the traditional Caitlin spelling instead of with the y. Both Caitlin and Kyle are great names, but I think they're a little match-y since they start with the same hard k sound. Maybe choose one and try some other combos.

With Caitlin:
    Noah
    Logan
    Declan
    Owen
    Oliver
    Mason
    Benjamin
    James
    Henry

With Kyle:
    Erin
    Megan
    Charlotte
    Emma
    Olivia
    Amelia
    Madison
    Bridget
    Hannah

Hope this helps and congratulations!!
    Teenberry - Writer - Singer
    Caroline Avery - Elena Katherine - Elizabeth Daisy "Liza" - Rebekah Laurel - Sophie Adelaide - Vida Madeleine
    Christopher Paul - Grayson Edward "Gray" - Gregory Skyler - Jeremy Stephan - Nicklaus Elijah "Klaus" - Sebastian Robert

I feel like Skye would be a good name for the girl twin, as it has the y that is in Dylan and Emily, but sounds & looks very different. I know Skye is a little more 'out there than' Emily, but it's a very pretty name worth considering.

I love the name Colin for a boy, and feel like it would work really well with Dylan and Emily.

To make a good set with your other siblings, I looked for names in the top 50, as both Emily & Dylan are rather popular and familiar. Of course, I tried to incorporate y's and have the names start with different letters.

Other ideas:
    Samuel & Chloe

Jayden & Maya

Colin & Lily

Nathan & Skye

Zachary & Kathryn

My opinions on Caitlyn & Kyle is that they do match together & with the sibset very well. The only thing is, I feel like Caitlyn isn't as mature as Emily. And Kyle I just don't like personally.

I second the suggestion Erin! It may be a little too close to Emily, but I love that name.
    Last edited by katerinam; July 2nd, 2014 at 03:07 PM.