Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Surname for 1st name help

We live in the south where a lot of people use surnames for 1st names. What are your favorite surnames for first names for boys (that are not already commonly used)? Names we cannot use because friends have already used them: Yates, Sutton, walker, Wyatt, Jackson, Simon, Brooks, Mason, Penn, Heston, Clifton, Miller, Sullivan, Austin, Bennett, Cavitt, Parker, Langdon, Patton, Riley, Maddox, Carson, Jude, Archer, Paxton, Covington, Price, Hayne, Caver, Carter, Harrison, Barrett, Anderson, Kipling (Kip), Cooper, Foster, Hayes, Wade. Our other 2 kids names are big sis Ainsley and big bro Salter if that helps.
    Last edited by smelton521; July 2nd, 2014 at 11:40 AM.

Some of my personal favourites are:
    Austen
    Clark
    Harrison
    Fletcher
    Elliott
    Parker
    Mitchell
    TTC Baby #1

Austen Theodore|Elliott Hezekiah
    Matilda Florence|Adelaide Elizabeth

Considering:
    🍂Jane 🎃 Fiona 🎃 Thea 🎃 Alice 🎃 Evangeline 🎃 Bridget 🎃 Gwyneth🍂
    🍂Oren 🎃 Lars 🎃 Bram 🎃 Griffin 🎃 Jude 🎃 Nolan 🎃 Kieran 🎃 Otis🍂

Do you have any usable options on your family tree? Otherwise Boyd and Hoyt were my first thoughts. Not sure what part of the South you're in, but I find it interesting that all of your friends seem to have the same preference for unusual surnames on boys.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    Do you have any usable options on your family tree? Otherwise Boyd and Hoyt were my first thoughts. Not sure what part of the South you're in, but I find it interesting that all of your friends seem to have the same preference for unusual surnames on boys.
    Unfortunately other relatives have already taken the usable family names. DH and I have searched both family trees and the only surnames left are Carr, Butch, Jump, Weaver (which we don't like), Butler (which is too similar to my son's name Salter) and long German and Italian last names. All of the first names are either over-used or don't sound good with our last name. Using unusual surnames (usually family names), double names or very traditional first names - Charlie, James, Samuel - are definitely the standard here.