Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I truly despise Everly, I'm sorry. It only started rising in popularity after some celebrity named their daughter that, I think, and it just sounds like a grammatically incorrect word (you can't do something "everly", yet it sounds like an adverb). I find Everleigh no better.
    Linley is fine, if not my style. It also has that surname-y quality it seemed you were hoping to avoid. What about Leonie, maybe spelled differently to avoid the undesirable ending?
    Helene is very pretty; I've only known one, and she was a very talented Eastern European violinist. It certainly does count as honoring someone even if you don't use your exact name, if the chosen name was inspired by them. Helene is probably my favorite of your current list.
    Charlotte is nice as well, though it's exceptionally popular, so if you want to avoid popularity, I'd look elsewhere. It also contains the word "harlot."

Suggestions:
    Linnea
    Eden
    Carlotta
    Ester
    Lena
    Evita
    Laney
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

We named our daughter Elena to honor a grandmother Helen, its the spanish Helen we just thought it beautiful and unique!
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile View Post
    I truly despise Everly, I'm sorry. It only started rising in popularity after some celebrity named their daughter that, I think, and it just sounds like a grammatically incorrect word (you can't do something "everly", yet it sounds like an adverb). I find Everleigh no better.
    Linley is fine, if not my style. It also has that surname-y quality it seemed you were hoping to avoid. What about Leonie, maybe spelled differently to avoid the undesirable ending?
    Helene is very pretty; I've only known one, and she was a very talented Eastern European violinist. It certainly does count as honoring someone even if you don't use your exact name, if the chosen name was inspired by them. Helene is probably my favorite of your current list.
    Charlotte is nice as well, though it's exceptionally popular, so if you want to avoid popularity, I'd look elsewhere. It also contains the word "harlot."

Suggestions:
    Linnea
    Eden
    Carlotta
    Ester
    Lena
    Evita
    Laney
    Thanks so much! I actually really like the surnames for 1st names - I have been looking up surnames, actually. I just want to avoid really popular names and double names. I also don't mind names ending in "ie", I just don't like Everly spelled with an "ie" at the end. Sorry for my long rambling first post - it is probably confusing!! I also had no idea Everly was so popular until today when I started researching it a bit. I had never heard it before a few days ago- it is definitely not popular where we live. But I also had never met another Ainsley when we named our daughter that 6 years ago and since then I have met several. I am leaning away from Everly now since I just saw it is even more popular than Ainsley already and rising on the name charts!

Helene is gorgeous! I definitely think using Helene counts as honoring a Helen--it's only one letter off, after all!

Well, if you do like surnames, here are some lovely ones:

Delaney
    Winslet
    Lennox
    Sinclair
    Campbell
    Clancy
    Larkin
    Mara
    Flannery
    Madigan
    Tiernan
    Gallagher
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid