Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Would you actually use these names?

My husband and I have always had a hard time agreeing on boy names, and after naming two sons we have exhausted the couple of names we agreed upon. Our style is definitely old-fashioned and traditional. However, after exhausting every possible traditional boys name, I started suggesting some more "out there" names that I like, and it turns out my husband likes some of them as well. I'm just not sure how well they fit with our other kids' names. What do you think? Would you actually use any of these names for a brother to Alexander, Madelyn, Genevieve, and Theodore?

Silas
    Abraham
    Matthias
    Elias
    Oberon
    Augustus
    Gideon
    Caspian

We do have a couple more traditional options as well:

Sebastian
    Everett
    Nicholas
    Jasper
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I think some of your more “out there” options sound great with your children’s names!
    Silas
    Abraham
    Elias
    Augustus

....are my favorites!

I would definitely use Augustus, Gideon, Matthias, Caspian, Nicholas, Sebastian and Jasper, Everett.

My favourites with your other children though are: Augustus, Matthias, Nicholas, Sebastian, Gideon.
    Namenerd. Hayniac. Directioner. Book Lover. Music Geek. Full-time Fangirl.

~ Cassandra ~ Charlotte ~ Jessamine ~ Lillian ~ Evangeline ~ Bethany ~ Alexis ~ Clarissa ~

~ Alexzander ~ Benjamin ~ Lukas ~ Theodore ~ Harrison ~ Finnegan ~ Nathaniel ~ Gabriel ~

Vote On:

Yes! I am a big fan of pretty much all of those names! They are all good solid choices.
    I prefer August to Augustus though. August is one of my top picks for a boy.
    I love Bram, but I might not use Abraham. Probably Abram.
    Gideon is my least fave on your list. It seems like the least wearable.
    Nicholas is over-used and maybe I wouldn't use Everett since I knew a strange man with that name.

I like all of your names to varying degrees. My faves are Sebastian, Silas, Elias and Augustus. The only two that I don't like too much with your children's are Oberon and Caspian. They seem more otherworldly and fantastical than the rest. They would make quirky mn's but I wouldn't choose them for first names. Gideon has similar sounds to Madelyn so I would eliminate that name as well.
    All the best,
    Mischa.