Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First name to flow with Joyce, but matches siblings

I have 3 children, Connor Michael and Jack Alexander from a previous marriage, and Isla Rosalind from my current. Trying to come up with possible names for another little girl (we aren't pregnant, I just like lists) and DH is striking down all my faves.

So far he has vetoed Elowen, Marin, Wren, aoife, Ingrid, astrid, Oswin, agatha, and anouk (GP)

He is semi OK with Hazel, Aeris (Eris), Flora, and Lyra, but I'm not too happy with Lyra or Flora because they are too similar to Isla in sound. I like Hazel but it's SO popular where we live, and I'm a Kimberly from the 1980s and am trying to prevent that. (Disregard my boys names, my ex husband had a LOT to do with that)

Help me think of some options I haven't toyed with yet? A future boy will likely be Truett Lee, and we don't plan on stopping until my body says so, so I want that to work too. We prefer Irish/Celtic/Scottish names but are open to others and we HATE NNs or non-traditional spellings. TIA!
    Mom to two rambunctious little sprites: Connor Michael 9/5/03 and Jack Alexander 12/22/07
    Welcomed sweet Isla Rosalind - 12/29/13

Future Children: Truett Lee | ______Joyce???

Current Loves: Wren | Beatrix | Elyse | Hazel | Olive |Elowen
    Tate | Torin | Gale | Truett | Liam | Oliver | Oscar | Orson | Elias | Cohen

Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I love your children's names! I agree with you about Flora and especially Lyra, but I personally feel that a different # of syllables makes shared endings workable.

Connor, Jack, Isla, and

Fiona Joyce
    Annabel Joyce
    Gwendolen Joyce or Gwyneth Joyce nn Gwen
    Aurora Joyce (nn Rory or Aura?)
    Meredith Joyce
    Maura/Mara/Mira Joyce

Liv or Maeve would sound great in sibset, but prob need a longer name to go with Joyce. I also love Hazel.

I like Flora and Ingrid from your list. How about:

Fiona
    Greta
    Margot
    Phoebe
    Calista
    Gwendolyn
    Daphne

Maybe Olwyn or Bronwyn?
    Lee X