Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    I'd go with Esther and call her Essie or Esti if I wanted her to have a nickname.
    Hypatia
    Elias lost July 2012 | not currently expecting

My Top Combos
    : Nella Cordelia Fern • Jessamy Fern • Hazel Audrey • Ada Cordelia • Faye _____
    : Charleston Thaddeus [Wolfe] • Ralph Icarus [John] • _____

formerly @thejollyfinch

Oh how fun !

If I were you, I'd only use honoring names if I truly loved them.

My understanding is that Edith, Esther and Sally would be in style right now.

The only name I personally don't like is Bonnie.
    Erma | Flossie | Gladys | Gussie | Millie | Minerva | Myrtle | Winifred | Zelda

V i n t a g e | C h a r m

Barnaby Clifford | Chester Ferdinand | Cosmo Arthur | Frazier Gatsby | Grover Felix
    Luther Clancy | Newton Rutherford | Watson Currier

Esther is my favourite from you list.
    I think if I liked any name well enough that I would actually choose it even if the honored person wasn't dear to me (sometimes that's the charm of a name though), I'd go ahead and put in the first name spot.
    I think honoring names are great but I do want the child to have a name all for herself and not have a first name that I only like because someone I love has it, too.

I think Lois could maybe become Louise? Bonnie and Sally could be nicknames for longer names.
    Polly

currently loving

Ophelia | Leonor | Penelope

Flora is back!

August | Caspar | Elliott | Oscar | Theo

I actually associate all of these (except Edith), with children, teenagers, or 30-40 year old adults. Lois I associate with the mum in Family Guy, I have a teenage friend called Esther, Bonnie was a little girl in Toy Story 3, Phyllis, one of the Railway Children, and Sally reminds me of Charlie Brown's little sister, and Sally Donavan from Sherlock. But I'd most likely think differently if I had/knew grandmas with one of those names. Anyway, I'd probably choose Edith or Sally. I really like Phyllis, but ever since someone pointed out what you get if you put a 'si' sound in front, I haven't been able to un-hear it.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ✦ Pandora Valencia Fae ✧ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ✦
    Little Misses
    ✧ Caspian Sherlock Walter ✦ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ✧
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

Edith would be my choice.