Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I am the minority who didn't think of parrots at all, haha. Instead I thought of the nursery rhyme, 'Miss Polly had a dolly who was sick, sick, sick...'

I don't think it's bad at all, I do like Molly slightly more though

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

Technically I like Polly. It is spunky and sassy and has a good dollop of charm. I have a bad association with one though, so I just think of her. Obviously, you don't have this problem, so I think it would make a good addition to your list. I don't like Pollyanna though, as it is an alternative term for a Mary Sue.
    Last edited by nooshi; June 29th, 2014 at 11:10 PM.
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712

Polly is pretty well established for parrots, and I'd be offended to be called Pollyanna, so I certainly wouldn't subject a female child to a life of never being taken seriously.

Polly is an endearing vintage nickname-name that deserves to be loved and used.

I wish I could undo it's "Polly-want-a-cracker" association with parrots.

http://word-ancestry.livejournal.com...?thread=954384
    Agatha | Apollonia | Cornelia | Guinevere | Henrietta | Josephine | Lavinia | Minerva | Parthenia | Thomasina | Winifred

V i n t a g e | C h a r m

Archibald | Augustus | Barnabas | Bartholomew | Cornelius | Ebenezer | Hezekiah | Ignatius | Leonidas | Sylvester | Tiberius

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    Polly is pretty well established for parrots, and I'd be offended to be called Pollyanna, so I certainly wouldn't subject a female child to a life of never being taken seriously.
    I'm missing something here, what exactly is offensive about Pollyanna?....I just like it for the connection to Hayley Mills, (who I was named after), and I've never ever heard of it outside of the book, but it ranks in the UK top 1000.

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly