Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which idea?

A place in which i am king and you are all my precious underlings.....

Which idea?

I've pretty much given up on all my previous ideas. However, I have 2 ideas that I love equally, but can't choose which I should write. I want to seriously publish one of them, but I cant choose. As of right now, I only want to write one, but I'll probably write the other one in the future. They all have the same characters, since they were one I created and loved so much I had to use them. Some characters might have different quirks/traits etc. depending on which idea. I would love help!

1: 184 years in the future. The biggest tsunami ever recorded hit a massive nuclear power plant in China in 2015, which then spilled radiation all over Asia. The tsunami triggered more tsunamis, which kept spreading around the radiation, causing the world to become a wasteland. However, a small part of northern Alaska managed to stay in tact, which is where most people, a population of only 20,000 or less, live. The tsunami(s) nearly killed off all life, and humans were hesitant to reproduce, as most children are born mutated in some way(missing arm, no eyes, scales, no skin, etc.). The little part of Alaska is now called God's Hand, as people feel safe and shielded there. There is no government. Animals are only moderately deformed, as they are still adapting to the new environment. They are still a threat, though, since the radiation also messed with the atmosphere, and now animals, excluding humans, are about 2-8x their natural size, due to an increase in oxygen. Nightmare fuel is what this world is. The food and water supply is limited, but not so much that a war breaks out. Humans have now regained their former fighting and surviving skills, and hunting has pretty much become the new basketball. Men are usually now in charge of hunting plans, while women are mostly making weapons and teaching children how to fight. There is now a Queen, but she is usually referred to as Lady Purity, since most of the population is male, and women are considered sacred, which is why there's a Queen instead of King. The people in God's Hand call themselves Purity(ies), after Lady Purity. As of right now, the ruling Lady Purity is Ju. The Earth is slowly restoring itself, so we have begun to venture out of God's Hand and finally explore after nearly 2 centuries. Our protagonist gets herself lost in a forest outside of God's Hand, and eventually meets and bonds with an Impurity, which is what the beings outside of God's Hand, most especially the humanoid ones, are called. Impurities are animals, more precisely humans, that have been fully effected by the radiation. Most of them look pretty human, except for maybe slit pupils, a tail, etc. Purities hate Impurities, as they have adapted to life perfectly outside of God's Hand without dying out. Purities are constantly thinking of ways to kill off Impurities, completely out of jealousy.

2: Modern day New York. Our heroine's father has an acquaintance that is a doctor/nurse/psychiatrist/everything else. When she gets injured in a bus accident, of which was really only a slightly nasty fall into a ditch that only gave her a broken arm, she visits him. However, though he is a skilled(everything) doctor, he himself is less than sane, and he begins to form an unhealthy obsession with the protagonist. It comes to the point of which he begins killing off people that she knows, as the are only "getting in the way". He's nearly twice her age, which classifies him as perverted as well. Despite all this, he does genuinely love the heroine, but doesn't really get that this isn't how you show your love. After she finally realizes it's the doctor that's killing all her loved ones, the pro is torn between running from him, which is what her sensible side tells her, or stay and knock some damn sense into his brain, which is what her gut instinct tells her to do.

C1: Rosarium Ceteri King- The heroine. She is a dramatic, impatient, angry, and all around strange girl 15 year old girl. In #1, she has a more serious side, but is pretty much the exact same. She's slightly pale, has very long, deep chocolate brown hair, and moss green eyes. She is Latin-Chinese-American. Rosarium means rose garden in Latin, and Ceteri means the rest, or the others in Latin.

C2: Ju Wei (King)- A strict Chinese woman with a strict way of ruling(in #1). She is beautiful, with long black hair, deep brown eyes, and pale skin. A 34 year old woman with a heart of cold, hard steel, Ju does have a soft side, if you dig down with a oil drill. In #2, she is Rose's mother, but in #1 is just Lady Purity. Ju can be written as chrysanthemum in Chinese, and Wei can be written as rose.

C3: Benedict Arthur Raven, or Dr.Raven- A strange 27 year old with scars from his delinquent past. Raven stands at 6'6, weighs over 270 pounds, and is very muscular. He has an x-shaped scar on his left cheek, spiky pale blonde hair, naturally dark skin, and icy blue eyes. He has a very morbid sense of humor, says morbid things
    casually, threatens to do morbid things to his patients if they don't behave, and is just morbid. However, he is a prodigy at everything he has ever done, so when he does get depressed or sad, he will hole himself up because he doesn't know how to deal with those emotions. He was abused as a child, and therefore formed what could be psychosis, but all in all, he ain't got time for you gettin in the way of his Rose. Benedict means blessed in English, while Arthur's meaning is disputed, but I used the most common meaning of bear in numerous languages.

C4: Tolliver Beau King, or "Tolly"- Rose's father in both ideas. He's a good 6'5, moderate muscle, and a beard to boost his ultra MANLINESS.I #2 he is a detective. Tolly is normally a true gentle giant, but will snap if you mistake him for a pushover. He has an unknown past, and is 36. Tolliver means metalworker in English, and Beau means handsome in French. He is Latin-American.

Okay, there. I know the info is kinda vague, but this is sort off what I imagine the blurb on the back of the book would look. I choose the names simply because of meaning and sound. I honestly can't decide, and I only want to do one as of now. Which are you interested in? Thank you!
    Last edited by amaya_moonrae; June 28th, 2014 at 04:55 PM.

#1 was amazing! I thought it was really unique and I feel that it would be more interesting to read a story of #1.

I think I've seen stories like #2 or similar to it so I wouldn't really read it but I'd definitely read the first

Thanks for your honest opinion! I was kinda leaning towards #2 since I have a weird fascination with insanity, but I have had #1 in my mind longer. Still on the fence, though....

Well I'd say if you're leaning towards #2, go for it! Write something you enjoy first! I'm sure people will like it since I know many people who love reading these kinda books :P

#1 seems tough to write since its a rather complicated story idea. But you could try working on both stories, and see which one seems to flow (you might suddenly have inspiration to continue writing for one of them). I'd recommend you to try writing the first chapter for both first and see which one feels better to continue writing. Hope you get what I mean GL!

Thanks, Shannon! I took your advice!

Anyone else?