Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Talk

Book Talk

What's your favorite book/series? Mine is The Fault In Our Stars by John Green and The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.

What book will you read next? I'm going to read The Infernal Devices trilogy also by Cassandra Clare.

What are you currently reading? I'm reading City Of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare.

Who is your favorite character? Jace Wayland Morgenstern Herondale/ Simon Lewis/ Jem Carstairs/ Will Herondale/ Julian Blackthorn is mine!
    Last edited by shishi; August 17th, 2014 at 03:58 PM.
    I'm Shi. A young fangirl, writer, singer, actress, artist, and namer
    Fandoms include: Tmi/Tid/Tda, HP, Divergent, TFIOS, and Legend
    Girls names: Phoenix, Salem, Pryer, Indigo and Fox
    Boys names: Copper, Cobalt, Axis, Lake, and Uriah
    (PS. Sorry if i spelt something wrong...)

1. The Giver or Monument 14 (I can't decide)
    2. Probably "Kristy and the Secret of Susan"--it's a 90's book.
    3. Anne of Green Gables
    4. Dobby from the Harry Potter series, I guess. Or Isaac from The Fault in our Stars...again, it's hard to decide.
    Raevyn
    Book geek
    The cold never bothered me anyway.
    Boys: Finn+ Samuel+ Augustus
    Girls: Elsa+ Blanche+ Lily
    Currently reading....Gone with the Wind

Bookwise, my favourite is Lily-Josephine, by Kate Saunders, and, I happen to have a few favourite series; \

Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend & Jane Austen Was My Best Friend, and The Debutantes, both by Cora Harrison, The Royal Match/Mess series (Pulling Princes, Stealing Princes, Dueling Princes and Dumping Princes) by Tyne O'Connell, Confessions of Georgia Nicholson by Louise Rennison, and To Catch A Prince (To Catch a Prince and The Frog Prince) by Gillian McKnight.

My all time favourite would be The Winnie Years (Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen & Thirteen Plus One) by Lauren Myracle. The Thirteen book came out when I turned 13, and I emailed the author telling her how special her stories were in my growing up, and she wrote back thanking me, then two-three years later, I tweeted her, and she still remembered me. Her books are still very special to me, even though they're young for me now. Although, I only recently found out she released a prequel, Tenin 2010, so I need to track that down (even though I'm nearly 19).

I'm not really sure what I'll read next, hopefully a new historical fiction book. I'm a bit immature for my age with reading, I'm quite comfortable with my YA novels, so I'm more drawn to them than adult ones (reading about things like sex doesn't bother me, but I dislike having to see it on quite a few pages, and so far, the adult ones I have read, have had at least one occurrence per chapter).

I'm not currently reading anything, but I think I may reread Pulling Princes, by Tyne O'Connell. In it, the main character, Calypso, is half American, half English, but attends an English boarding school for girls, full of snobby posh girls who look down on her for being American. She ends up falling for the prince of England, Freddie, and he in turn, falls for her as well. There's four books in the series, and I have all four, as well as possessing a few others that are quite similar. I seem to love books like that, it's almost like, the impossible teenage love story, and I'm a hopeless daydreaming romantic.

As far as a favourite book character, it's probably Georgia Nicholson from Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. I have read the whole series, own about half the books, and the movie, and even at 18/19 (was about 14/15 when I got the movie and began the books) I still love them. Plus that, the movie features the once incredibly gorgeous, Aaron Johnson (Kick Ass, Nowhere Boy, Godzilla) as Robbie, Georgia's love interest. It's a pretty cheesy movie, but it's still fun to watch.
    Girls: Amelia, Ava, Emily, Sophia, Ella, Freya, Charlotte, Millie, Eva, Florence, Matilda, Eleanor, Martha, Violet, Clara, Betsy, Mabel, Ada, Lillian, Minnie, Tillie, Doris, Edna

Boys: Harry, Charlie, William, George, James, Alfie, Joshua, Archie, Henry, Daniel, Edward, Harrison, Adam, Matthew, Michael, Liam, Callum, Louis, Albert, Andrew, Ernest, Darcy

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

What's your favorite book/series? I'm not hugely into series... I guess I like His Dark Materials and I loved a Series of Unfortunate Events when I was little. As for my favourite book, I'd say Slaughterhouse Five.

What book will you read next? My dad got me Gone Girl for Christmas and I haven't read it yet - I also have a collection of old Steinbeck novels that I bought from a vintage market the other day.

What are you currently reading? Russell Brand's autobiography haha

Who is your favorite character? Uh, can I use a children's book? Elizabeth from the Naughtiest Girl collection by Enid Blyton haha, I related to her so much as a child. As a 'serious' answer I'd say Atticus Finch I guess, or Denver from Beloved.
    ★ O L I V I A ★
    (seventeen, student/traveller, obsessively maternal - with a darling black cat named Shura)

Emmett - Alec - Rufus - Wilfred - Eoghan
    Trudie - Fenella - Aoife - Jemima - Polly

What's your favorite book/series? Probably the Hunger Games Series

What book will you read next? Dear Leader by Jang Jin-Sung

What are you currently reading? Escape from Camp 14 by Blaine Harden

Who is your favorite character? Katniss Everdeen
    My top ten names for each gender always subject to chance

Girls

Elodie, Willa, Imogen, Isadora, Adira, Lyra,Emmeline, Aya ,Delaney, Alexandra

Boys

Lachlan, Callum, Breccan, Torin, Rafferty, Calder, Tavish, Finnian, Archer, Paxton