Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Too similar name tastes?

Do y'all ever have the problem of none of your favorite names being able to be used for siblings, because they are just so similar?

I noticed this problem yesterday, and it kinda caused a minor heart attack. Because, as you all know even when we berries are not expecting, we really have to have names picked out and decided upon. (even though those names will probably change in a few weeks)

My long standing favorite names have an il in them. Nearly all of them do. As full names they sound different enough. But, their nicknames would all turn out the same. If I name my future children with my current name list, I will have a family of Gilly, Milly, Philly, Billy, and so on...

Coincidently my name has an il in it as well. Which I think would be a really sweet idea for all of my children to have il names, considering they do not sound too similar to each other.

So do you have any suggestions of il names that sound really distinctive from each other?
    and do YOU, have any name styles you seem to like but could never use for siblings?
    Last edited by namingnerdling; June 27th, 2014 at 12:29 PM.

I have the same problem.. although my favs are not quite that similar. I've noticed I do tend to like one syllable names, that for some reason all have A in the middle and end in E. My son's name is Wade. I also like Zane, Tate, Slade, Baze..

I like 'A' names, but would have to pick just one from Ariston, Alexios, Alexandra, Allegra, Avery, Arielle, etc.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!!! And I hate it.
    Most of my favourites have a combination of i,r,l,a or e. in them which might be one reason why I love them but arghh.
    Example: Elvira, Ophelia, Leonor, Viola, Rosalie, Eloise, Clementine, Madeline, Juliette
    And sadly I'm not a person that loves 100+ names but more like 7, the rest I only like.
    They might not sound too similar to other - I'd love an opinion on that - but say them over and over again and it'll bother you.
    Polly

currently loving

Ophelia | Leonor | Penelope

Flora is back!

August | Caspar | Elliott | Oscar | Theo

I have some problems with this with my boys list.
    Almost all of the names have either S or O in them, R, D, M, L and N also make frequent appearances.
    Example: Silas, Blaise, Laszlo, Isidor, Emrys, Samson, Stellan.
    I also love too many E, S and I names.
    Edmund, Emmett, Euan, Emmanuel, Endymion, Evander, Emrys, Eleazar, Eilam, Elmo, Enzo, Eero.
    Silas, Samson, Sylvester, Stellan, Somerled, Solomon, Severin, Sherlock, Shiloh, Sirius.
    Ianto, Idris, Iskandar, Inigo, Ignatius, Isidor, Imre, Ishmael, Iver, Ivo, Ivan, Icarus.

And I love too many -o enders for both genders:
    Bo, Falco, Ianto, Laszlo, Philo, Apollo, Inigo, Django, Elmo, Enzo, Eero, Hugo, Ivo, Jago, Miro, Valo (+ Shiloh, Morrow and Poe).
    Margo, Vieno, Clio, Echo, Hero, Juno, Io (+ Snow, Sparrow, Willow)
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Maeva + Eulalie + Rosalind + Emerence + Saskia + Everild + Nimue + Anaïs + Ophelia + Lileas + Helena + Rixende
    Balthasar + Leonidas + Isidor + Philo + Alasdair + Edmund + Iskandar + Ignatius + Valentine + Emmanuel + Emrys

Mercy + Bloom + Evening + Blythe + Prosper + Briar + Boone + Hawthorn