Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

thoughts on Celia and Celise

Thanks everyone who answered my earlier thread on English/Irish names. It was surprising how many of the suggestions were on my long list--clearly I'm in the right place!

We think we've narrowed it down to the above two names. Both are pretty but to me they have different sounds--Celia is more lively while Celise (pronounced like "Elise" with a "ss" in front" is more feminine and adult.

I like both! Which do you think sounds better with sibling Edric and last name O'Malley?

I vote Celia. It is easier to pronounce and spell, therefore giving her less problems, and I think it would age beautifully. I like how it sounds better with your surname as well.
    Lauren B.

mom of H-man, Olly, and E.

not expecting. just a name lover.

I vote Celia also.
    Violet Adair, Juniper Isolde, Daphne Larkspur, Iphigenia Lily, Tempest Eve
    Sylvie Pomeline, Lavender Louise, Eugenia Poppy, Clio Marguerite, Etta Rosalind, Posey Adelaide
    Isadora Lucille, Thessaly Rose, Adele Persephone Lux, Verity Jane, Celine Dorothea
    Jude Atlas, Silas Theodore Wolf, Bear Atticus, Quentin Miles, Augustus Lemon
    Elliott Grey, Dexter Leopold, Azariah Fox, Wolfgang Aurelius, Basil Peregrine, Cyrus William
    Thelonious Cotton, Ezra Julian, Henry Absalom, Jasper Malachi, Leon Devereux

I like Celise better with your sons name and with your last name. I have never heard this name before, but if it is a legit Irish name then I think it's great! I would have guessed that was how it was pronounced and that would have also probably been my first guess of how to spell it.

I like Celise better. I would suggest opening a poll, because this kinds of things can get confusing very quickly.
    Cecily Bridget, Rosalyn Amoret, Charlotte Eliska, Melody Beatrice, Seraphina Daisy, Aurora Valkyrie, Helena Marigold

Robin Lysander, Edmund Ludwig, Percy Julian, Magnus Roland