Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

thoughts on Celia and Celise

Thanks everyone who answered my earlier thread on English/Irish names. It was surprising how many of the suggestions were on my long list--clearly I'm in the right place!

We think we've narrowed it down to the above two names. Both are pretty but to me they have different sounds--Celia is more lively while Celise (pronounced like "Elise" with a "ss" in front" is more feminine and adult.

I like both! Which do you think sounds better with sibling Edric and last name O'Malley?

Thanks!

I vote Celia. It is easier to pronounce and spell, therefore giving her less problems, and I think it would age beautifully. I like how it sounds better with your surname as well.
    Lauren B.

mom of H-man, Olly, and E.

not expecting. just a name lover.

I vote Celia also.
    Violet Adair, Daphne Larkspur, Tempest Eve, Penelope Hazel,
    Juniper Isolde, Clio Marguerite, Etta Rosalind, Posey Adelaide,
    Thessaly Rose, Adele Corisande, Verity Tulip, Eugenie Pearl

~&~
    Jude Atlas, Silas Theodore Wolf, Bear Atticus, Quentin Miles,
    August Piers, Elliot Gray, Azariah Fox, Cyrus William, Ezra Julian,
    Henry Absalom, Jasper Malachi, Leon Devereux

I like Celise better with your sons name and with your last name. I have never heard this name before, but if it is a legit Irish name then I think it's great! I would have guessed that was how it was pronounced and that would have also probably been my first guess of how to spell it.

I like Celise better. I would suggest opening a poll, because this kinds of things can get confusing very quickly.
    My new list: Enchanting names.