Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Bee / Bea / Beatrix / Beatrice- My mum's bio mother, so that wouldn't go down well.

Annabelle- My mum's name. Maybe for a middle.

Andrew- Dad's name. Again, maybe for a middle.

Gerald- I love this name, and think of Gerald Durrell of My Family and Other Animals, but I just can't see myself using it, if I'm honest. I don't think it would suit my kid.

Seraphim- Only for a middle. I love it, and would have no problem with using it, but I just can't see it fitting my child, especially with our painfully ordinary last name: it could look really try hard.

Jonathan- I just think of Jonathan Harker of Dracula, and I never liked him much.

Enoch- I love love love it. I just can't see myself saying: 'Enoch! Dinner's ready!', 'Enoch, hurry up, you'll be late.', 'Enoch, I'm so proud of you.', etc.

Absalom- I love it, I just can't see it on my child.

Ophelia- Gorgeous, but I just think of THE Ophelia from Hamlet every time I say it. It doesn't help that John Everett Millais' painting 'Ophelia' is one of my favourites.

Venetia- I think it is really pretty, but Venetian biscuits are my dad's favourite and he constantly teases me when I come over, that I would be naming me after a biscuit. This is the man who wanted to name me Bear before I was born, before that was even considered a name for anyone but a dog... or a bear.

Thisbe- I just can't see myself with a Thisbe. I don't think she is the best namesake either- not terrible, but I can think of better.

Agnes- My last name ends with a similar sound, and it sounds a bit silly. The same thing with Artemis and Persis.

Othello- Great name, but Othello did murder his wife.
    Last edited by nooshi; June 29th, 2014 at 08:09 PM.
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712

Poppy: DH calls his pseudo-father "Pops" and this is just too close and would most likely be considered an honor name, which I don't want to do in Pops' case. Moral of the story... don't work for family

Astrid: love the meaning, think its beautiful. But DH says a$$-turd. So that's out.

Asher: love this for a middle for a boy, but my name is Ashley and I already plan on passing my middle name down to a future daughter, so I feel like using a play on my first name as well would be a little vain.

Magnolia: when I suggested this name DH looked at me like I was crazy, it also would not go over well with our family.

Lola: her name was Lola, she was a showgirl...

Seraphine: a fantastic name used in my family tree approx. 200 years ago. But I fear she would be called Sera, and Sarah is DH's half-sister's name.

Aiobheann: if only we lived in Ireland...

Ash - This was my top boys name until I got married and my surname now contains 'ash'
    Ophelie - I love this but think it's too 'exotic' for husbands taste.
    William - Just too overdone.
    Malcolm - Had my heart broken by a Malcolm so ruined that one for me.
    Philippa - Love the nn Philly. Just can't see it being used.

little Mister due 22nd November 2014 <3
    Arthur Genji

Because they're super popular:
    Sophia/Sofia, Olivia, Isabella, Ava, Aubrey

Because of pronunciation:
    Caoilainn (kay-lynn), Aibhlinn (ave-leen), Niamh (nee-iv), Ani (ahn-nee)

Because they wouldn't age well:
    Everleigh, Cambrie, Piper, Analeigh, Kenley
    Lanie

Not expecting any time soon, just collecting for the future!

Aurelie Grace • Olivia Claire • Charlotte Evangeline • Emmeline Kate

Asher Graham • William Alec • Benjamin Kai • Noah Finnian • Finley James

A teenage writer and name lover~
    Eugenia Rosemary, Priscilla Beatrice, Louisa Eleanor, Anastasia Faye, Valentina Jane, Flora Guinevere
    Winston Kenneth, Malachi Robin, Roscoe Carlisle, Simon Glenn, Francis Arthur, Abraham Reuben